Colts bounce back
Baldock Town Templars U-10 2 Royston Town Colts 4 AFTER losing last week to Stevenage Boro Reds 4–2, Colts bounced straight back this week with an impressive victory over a quality Baldock side who only weeks earlier beat Royston 2-0. In what has proved
Baldock Town Templars U-10 2
Royston Town Colts 4
AFTER losing last week to Stevenage Boro Reds 4-2, Colts bounced straight back this week with an impressive victory over a quality Baldock side who only weeks earlier beat Royston 2-0.
In what has proved to be an extremely tough league with the top teams all beating each other Colts have now moved back up to second place in the league behind Bedwell.
You may also want to watch:
Colts started this game well, pressing the Baldock players and forcing them to make mistakes.
The visitors took the lead when Jake Long received the ball as it was chipped over the defence and he slotted the ball home to the right of the keeper.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Jordan Campbell then made it two as the Baldock defence failed to close him down quickly enough allowing him to dribble the ball into the box and score with a well placed right footed shot.
Baldock replied a few minutes later to make it 2-1. Colts then started to play more nervously as the tempo increased and Templars went looking for the equaliser.
A replica of Campbell's first goal, this time on the left, then brought relief to the players as he made it 3-1.
Straight after the break Baldock replied with a well taken shot on the left side that slipped between the keeper and the post.
The game then became more frenetic and Baldock nearly secured the equaliser when a deflected shot looped over Colts keeper Corey Anderson's head but he managed to smother the ball as it landed on the line.
Order was restored from a Colts perspective when Campbell wrapped up his hat-trick after a well taken corner fell to Jake Long on the far side of the box, Long then crossed the ball back and Campbell slammed the ball home with a strike on the half volley.
This was a well deserved victory and an excellent team performance to secure a hard fought win.