Colts bounce back
Baldock Town Templars U-10 2 Royston Town Colts 4 AFTER losing last week to Stevenage Boro Reds 4–2, Colts bounced straight back this week with an impressive victory over a quality Baldock side who only weeks earlier beat Royston 2-0. In what has proved
Baldock Town Templars U-10 2
Royston Town Colts 4
AFTER losing last week to Stevenage Boro Reds 4-2, Colts bounced straight back this week with an impressive victory over a quality Baldock side who only weeks earlier beat Royston 2-0.
In what has proved to be an extremely tough league with the top teams all beating each other Colts have now moved back up to second place in the league behind Bedwell.
Colts started this game well, pressing the Baldock players and forcing them to make mistakes.
The visitors took the lead when Jake Long received the ball as it was chipped over the defence and he slotted the ball home to the right of the keeper.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Jordan Campbell then made it two as the Baldock defence failed to close him down quickly enough allowing him to dribble the ball into the box and score with a well placed right footed shot.
Baldock replied a few minutes later to make it 2-1. Colts then started to play more nervously as the tempo increased and Templars went looking for the equaliser.
A replica of Campbell's first goal, this time on the left, then brought relief to the players as he made it 3-1.
Straight after the break Baldock replied with a well taken shot on the left side that slipped between the keeper and the post.
The game then became more frenetic and Baldock nearly secured the equaliser when a deflected shot looped over Colts keeper Corey Anderson's head but he managed to smother the ball as it landed on the line.
Order was restored from a Colts perspective when Campbell wrapped up his hat-trick after a well taken corner fell to Jake Long on the far side of the box, Long then crossed the ball back and Campbell slammed the ball home with a strike on the half volley.
This was a well deserved victory and an excellent team performance to secure a hard fought win.