Cokenach take the honours
COKENACH secured the bragging rights following their 43-run derby win over Barley in Cambs Junior Division 1B. They lost opener John Gill with the score on 17, and Peter Clarke was out to Bruce Carnaby, before skipper Rychard Field and Matt Stevens put
COKENACH secured the bragging rights following their 43-run derby win over Barley in Cambs Junior Division 1B.
They lost opener John Gill with the score on 17, and Peter Clarke was out to Bruce Carnaby, before skipper Rychard Field and Matt Stevens put on 72 for the third wicket.
When Field was caught by Stuart Gurnell for 34, Stevens carried the score on to 150 alongside James Keel, Stevens was run out on 50.
However, Keel pushed the score to 176 for 6 off 40.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Barley started well with Jamie Walters (31) impressing from the off, and at 21 overs the scores were level at 71 for 2.
But then Liam Botten struck, tempting Walters to hit him over the top with Gill running 30 yards to take a tremendous catch.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Only skipper Brian Symes (28) then really threatened with the bat. When Botten dismissed Symes for his fourth wicket for 22 off 8 overs it was all over for Barley, who could only scrape to 133 for 9 off their 40 overs.
With Thurlow beating Ashwell, Cokenach moved up to second with the victory pushing Barley further into the relegation zone.