Cokenach IIs off bottom of the table
CCA Junior League 6B
Cokenach 129-9 (40 overs)
Linton III 118
Cokenach won by 11 runs
COKENACH IIs won their first match of the season with an 11-run victory over Linton IIIs to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.
Cokenach batted first and Badger Cresswell (41) and Nik Eve (15) got them off to a good start as they reached 59 without loss. However a collapse then ensued as the Cokenach batsmen struggled for runs with only Collins (14) and Dale Paxton (14) reaching double figures. They eventually went on to post a modest 129-9 from their 40 overs.
Cokenach opened the attack with Collins (1-43) and Ford, who bowled an excellent spell for figures of 2-5 off his six overs.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Ford was replaced by Taylor who took 3-28 off his 10 overs, with a big helping hand from Man of the Match Cresswell, taking all three catches.
The pressure was maintained on the Linton batsmen with a strategy of short sharp bowling spells from Cresswell, Law and Ford, on for his second spell, before Cattley was introduced to mop-up the final wicket off his third delivery. Mumford, however, had set up the win with a wonderful piece of fielding, taking the penultimate wicket by running out Campbell for six.