Cokenach IIs off bottom of the table
CCA Junior League 6B
Cokenach 129-9 (40 overs)
Linton III 118
Cokenach won by 11 runs
COKENACH IIs won their first match of the season with an 11-run victory over Linton IIIs to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Cokenach batted first and Badger Cresswell (41) and Nik Eve (15) got them off to a good start as they reached 59 without loss. However a collapse then ensued as the Cokenach batsmen struggled for runs with only Collins (14) and Dale Paxton (14) reaching double figures. They eventually went on to post a modest 129-9 from their 40 overs.
Cokenach opened the attack with Collins (1-43) and Ford, who bowled an excellent spell for figures of 2-5 off his six overs.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Ford was replaced by Taylor who took 3-28 off his 10 overs, with a big helping hand from Man of the Match Cresswell, taking all three catches.
The pressure was maintained on the Linton batsmen with a strategy of short sharp bowling spells from Cresswell, Law and Ford, on for his second spell, before Cattley was introduced to mop-up the final wicket off his third delivery. Mumford, however, had set up the win with a wonderful piece of fielding, taking the penultimate wicket by running out Campbell for six.