Cokenach IIs off bottom of the table
CCA Junior League 6B
Cokenach 129-9 (40 overs)
Linton III 118
Cokenach won by 11 runs
COKENACH IIs won their first match of the season with an 11-run victory over Linton IIIs to lift themselves off the bottom of the table.
You may also want to watch:
Cokenach batted first and Badger Cresswell (41) and Nik Eve (15) got them off to a good start as they reached 59 without loss. However a collapse then ensued as the Cokenach batsmen struggled for runs with only Collins (14) and Dale Paxton (14) reaching double figures. They eventually went on to post a modest 129-9 from their 40 overs.
Cokenach opened the attack with Collins (1-43) and Ford, who bowled an excellent spell for figures of 2-5 off his six overs.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Ford was replaced by Taylor who took 3-28 off his 10 overs, with a big helping hand from Man of the Match Cresswell, taking all three catches.
The pressure was maintained on the Linton batsmen with a strategy of short sharp bowling spells from Cresswell, Law and Ford, on for his second spell, before Cattley was introduced to mop-up the final wicket off his third delivery. Mumford, however, had set up the win with a wonderful piece of fielding, taking the penultimate wicket by running out Campbell for six.