Coach Green: I liked the way we kept our cool
ROYSTON head coach Luke Green said he was thrilled with Saturday s 29-11 victory over Cuffley. The Crows showed great character to come from behind in their EDF Junior Vase clash, with Green particularly pleased with his side s composure. He said: Wha
ROYSTON head coach Luke Green said he was thrilled with Saturday's 29-11 victory over Cuffley.
The Crows showed great character to come from behind in their EDF Junior Vase clash, with Green particularly pleased with his side's composure.
He said: "What I liked most was the calmness they showed in what was a very heated game.
"Cuffley came to beat us in more ways than one, but our lads kept their heads while never stepping backwards."
It was the second game in succession that Royston had to come from behind.
"Both Rob Turner and Scott Easy put in great performances and really helped the team rally together," said Green.
- 1 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 2 Melbourn's Dan Goodfellow hails 'extra-special' Commonwealth gold
- 3 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 4 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 5 Men's health champion receives funding boost from Ashwell Masonic Lodge
- 6 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 'Flood the internet' to save waterways in South Cambs
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Meet Hertfordshire's Birmingham 2022 medal winners
- 10 Residents concerned 140 homes plan could cause 'ecological catastrophe'
"A cup run is always good for the club, and I think the boys deserve some silverware this year.
"And if we keep moving forward like we have been, the lads have every chance of winning the competition."
The Crows travel to Hackney-based Old Streetonians on Saturday with Green looking for another league victory.
He said: "As long as we prepare and start from the off I can certainly see us taking some points. Away wins are priceless in rugby and if we can get one on Saturday I will leave London a very happy man!