Coach Green: I liked the way we kept our cool
ROYSTON head coach Luke Green said he was thrilled with Saturday s 29-11 victory over Cuffley. The Crows showed great character to come from behind in their EDF Junior Vase clash, with Green particularly pleased with his side s composure. He said: Wha
ROYSTON head coach Luke Green said he was thrilled with Saturday's 29-11 victory over Cuffley.
The Crows showed great character to come from behind in their EDF Junior Vase clash, with Green particularly pleased with his side's composure.
He said: "What I liked most was the calmness they showed in what was a very heated game.
"Cuffley came to beat us in more ways than one, but our lads kept their heads while never stepping backwards."
You may also want to watch:
It was the second game in succession that Royston had to come from behind.
"Both Rob Turner and Scott Easy put in great performances and really helped the team rally together," said Green.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
"A cup run is always good for the club, and I think the boys deserve some silverware this year.
"And if we keep moving forward like we have been, the lads have every chance of winning the competition."
The Crows travel to Hackney-based Old Streetonians on Saturday with Green looking for another league victory.
He said: "As long as we prepare and start from the off I can certainly see us taking some points. Away wins are priceless in rugby and if we can get one on Saturday I will leave London a very happy man!