Coach Green can’t wait for Watford clash
Royston 30 Stevenage II 0 ROYSTON warmed up for Saturday s opening league game with a convincing victory over Stevenage seconds. They showed a good balance of play between the forwards and backs who linked well throughout. The tries came from wingers
Stevenage II 0
ROYSTON warmed up for Saturday's opening league game with a convincing victory over Stevenage seconds.
They showed a good balance of play between the forwards and backs who linked well throughout.
You may also want to watch:
The tries came from wingers and forwards who demonstrated their strength particularly in the front row with powerful accuracy.
The Crows also tackled well and supported whoever was on the ball.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
The win showed how far the club has come over the summer months, with the seconds also winning their match with Sawston 25-0.
Head coach Luke Green says his team are in confident mood ahead of Saturday's home league opener against Watford, 3pm.
He also praised their performance against Stevenage, especially Steve Patmore, Steve Mills, and Kiwi Steve Mcabbe.
Green said: "Our pack let those around them play, while our defence was rock solid.
"That meant we could concentrate on attacking and as a result some great tries were scored.
"It was good to see our game plan coming together and we're confident ahead of Saturday's game with Watford.