Coach Green can’t wait for Watford clash
Royston 30 Stevenage II 0 ROYSTON warmed up for Saturday s opening league game with a convincing victory over Stevenage seconds. They showed a good balance of play between the forwards and backs who linked well throughout. The tries came from wingers
Stevenage II 0
ROYSTON warmed up for Saturday's opening league game with a convincing victory over Stevenage seconds.
They showed a good balance of play between the forwards and backs who linked well throughout.
The tries came from wingers and forwards who demonstrated their strength particularly in the front row with powerful accuracy.
The Crows also tackled well and supported whoever was on the ball.
- 1 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 2 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Royston Town happy to be a breeding ground if it helps their own progression
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 9 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- 10 In pictures: 'Amazing' Paloma Faith wows fans as Newmarket Nights season starts with a bang
The win showed how far the club has come over the summer months, with the seconds also winning their match with Sawston 25-0.
Head coach Luke Green says his team are in confident mood ahead of Saturday's home league opener against Watford, 3pm.
He also praised their performance against Stevenage, especially Steve Patmore, Steve Mills, and Kiwi Steve Mcabbe.
Green said: "Our pack let those around them play, while our defence was rock solid.
"That meant we could concentrate on attacking and as a result some great tries were scored.
"It was good to see our game plan coming together and we're confident ahead of Saturday's game with Watford.