Clubs set to kick off the action at sports fayre
ROYSTON Sports Council will be staging the town s first full-scale sports fayre for more than a decade on Sunday. Fifteen sports clubs from the area will be giving demonstrations at the event, which is taking place at Royston Leisure Centre. There is fr
ROYSTON Sports Council will be staging the town's first full-scale sports fayre for more than a decade on Sunday.
Fifteen sports clubs from the area will be giving demonstrations at the event, which is taking place at Royston Leisure Centre.
There is free admission and car parking at the event, with refreshments available all day.
Sports council chairman Ken Charles explained the idea behind the fayre.
"It's all about raising awareness of the many sporting opportunities offered by the Royston sports clubs and the Royston Leisure Centre," he said.
"We have some first-class facilities and coaching. and our players have won international and county honours, while their successful clubs offer sport for all.
- 1 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"We are proud in Royston of what has been achieved.
"Our hidden message is live a healthy lifestyle through physical activity in a regular weekly schedule!