Club’s juniors in top form
Youngsters showcased their skills by displaying their talents at Melbourn Judo Club s annual championships. The event, which took place at Royston Leisure Centre was based on mixed teams, and this year more than 40 junior members took part. The teams, J
Youngsters showcased their skills by displaying their talents at Melbourn Judo Club's annual championships.
The event, which took place at Royston Leisure Centre was based on mixed teams, and this year more than 40 junior members took part.
The teams, Jaguars, Cougars, Lions, Tigers, Leopards, and Pumas, were drawn into two groups of three teams, with the winners of each group, fighting each other for the gold and silver medal places.
The runners-up spots were decided by the cumulative number of contest wins and points scored.
You may also want to watch:
The Jaguar and Puma teams met in the final, with the outcome proving to be very one-sided, with the Pumas winning 6-0.
Club chairman David Parry thanked all the participants, parents and officials for making the championship a resounding success.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Leslie Read, one of the club's senior coaches presented two special awards.
Tom Woods won the Player of the Day for his unbeaten performances, and Tom Mason won the Spirit of Judo award for his commitment throughout the competition.
- Anyone interested in joining the club is welcome to view a session at the leisure centre on a Saturday. Club information is available at www.melbournjudoclub.co.uk