Club receive a county boost
MELDRETH Bowls Club hosted their first ladies county friendly game for many years when Cambridgeshire played Bedfordshire, last Wednesday. Members rallied round to prepare the green and clubhouse. But there was no happy ending for the home side, as they
MELDRETH Bowls Club hosted their first ladies' county friendly game for many years when Cambridgeshire played Bedfordshire, last Wednesday.
Members rallied round to prepare the green and clubhouse.
But there was no happy ending for the home side, as they went down by six shots.
Sunday saw Meldreth hold their annual Fletcher Cup Day, held in memory of Leslie Fletcher, one of the club's former bowlers.
You may also want to watch:
This is traditionally a two-wood singles competition for any Meldreth player.
The competition was played this year in a mini-league format, with groups of five players, each having four games of 11 ends.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The winner of the final was Alan Genockey with Sean Young coming a close second.
Meldreth are holding a charity day in aid of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution on Saturday, July 8.
All are invited to take part in fun games of bowls, with teams of four being formed on the day. The action starts at 2.30pm, with entry costing £2.50 per person.
Bowls will be provided, but all participants need to wear flat-soled shoes.
To book a place, phone Muriel Singleton on 01763 260604. Refreshments and a bar will be available.