Club ready to mark 80th anniversary
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day. This week s events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal. During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, pro
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day.
This week's events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal.
During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, probably on June 30, as well as a tour to Royal Leamington Spa.
- Melbourn Bowls Club will be opening their green next Sunday with the usual roll-up for members and any who would like to come and have a go.
This will be the beginning of the club's 85th year and there will be special days for two members.
On June 2 the club will be entertaining the President of the Cambridge & District league, Mick Kernaghan, who will bring along a representative team.
- 1 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 2 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 3 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 6 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 7 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 8 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
And on July 22, Peter Dodds as chairman of the Cambridgeshire Vice Presidents Association will bring a representative team.
It is unusual for one club to provide two candidates for this level of officership in the same season.
A second roll-up has been arranged for Sunday, April 29, bowling on both days starting at 2.30pm.
All are welcome, bring flat soled shoes if possible.