Club ready to mark 80th anniversary
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day. This week s events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal. During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, pro
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day.
This week's events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal.
During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, probably on June 30, as well as a tour to Royal Leamington Spa.
- Melbourn Bowls Club will be opening their green next Sunday with the usual roll-up for members and any who would like to come and have a go.
This will be the beginning of the club's 85th year and there will be special days for two members.
On June 2 the club will be entertaining the President of the Cambridge & District league, Mick Kernaghan, who will bring along a representative team.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 2 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 10 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
And on July 22, Peter Dodds as chairman of the Cambridgeshire Vice Presidents Association will bring a representative team.
It is unusual for one club to provide two candidates for this level of officership in the same season.
A second roll-up has been arranged for Sunday, April 29, bowling on both days starting at 2.30pm.
All are welcome, bring flat soled shoes if possible.