Club ready to mark 80th anniversary
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day. This week s events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal. During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, pro
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day.
This week's events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal.
During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, probably on June 30, as well as a tour to Royal Leamington Spa.
- Melbourn Bowls Club will be opening their green next Sunday with the usual roll-up for members and any who would like to come and have a go.
You may also want to watch:
This will be the beginning of the club's 85th year and there will be special days for two members.
On June 2 the club will be entertaining the President of the Cambridge & District league, Mick Kernaghan, who will bring along a representative team.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
And on July 22, Peter Dodds as chairman of the Cambridgeshire Vice Presidents Association will bring a representative team.
It is unusual for one club to provide two candidates for this level of officership in the same season.
A second roll-up has been arranged for Sunday, April 29, bowling on both days starting at 2.30pm.
All are welcome, bring flat soled shoes if possible.