Club ready to mark 80th anniversary
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day. This week s events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal. During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, pro
ROYSTON Bowling Club will start their 80th anniversary season on Saturday with their traditional opening day.
This week's events will include a spoon drive, a social event, and a meal.
During the season the club will holding an open day for beginners, probably on June 30, as well as a tour to Royal Leamington Spa.
- Melbourn Bowls Club will be opening their green next Sunday with the usual roll-up for members and any who would like to come and have a go.
You may also want to watch:
This will be the beginning of the club's 85th year and there will be special days for two members.
On June 2 the club will be entertaining the President of the Cambridge & District league, Mick Kernaghan, who will bring along a representative team.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
And on July 22, Peter Dodds as chairman of the Cambridgeshire Vice Presidents Association will bring a representative team.
It is unusual for one club to provide two candidates for this level of officership in the same season.
A second roll-up has been arranged for Sunday, April 29, bowling on both days starting at 2.30pm.
All are welcome, bring flat soled shoes if possible.