Club picks up plenty of trophies
ROYSTON Tennis Club picked up three trophies at the Cambridgeshire & District League annual meeting. They were presented with the Winter Mixed League Division III Shield, the 2007 Summer League Ladies Division IV Shield, and the 2007 Summer Mixed League D
ROYSTON Tennis Club picked up three trophies at the Cambridgeshire & District League annual meeting.
They were presented with the Winter Mixed League Division III Shield, the 2007 Summer League Ladies Division IV Shield, and the 2007 Summer Mixed League Division V Shield.
They were also awarded three new sets of tennis balls.
There were mixed results in the three winter league games played by Royston last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The under-11 stormed to a 6-0 win over Potters Bar.
The girls, Emily Arnold and Emily Griffin, did not drop a single game as they won all four of their sets in singles and doubles.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Meanwhile the boys, Nathan O'Looney and Alex Wilson were equally impressive as they won all theirsets at a canter.
The men's first team, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, John Holmes, and John Goodbody, drew at home to University Press, while the adults mixed second team, of Caroline McCormick, John Goodbody, Helen Hastings, and Doug Higgins, lost their home match with Cocks and Hens first team 5-3.