Club open day hailed a success
MEMBERS of Royston Bowls Club showcased their skills on the green on Saturday at the club s open day. Players held demonstrations and bowls sessions for visitors and highlighted the skills needed for the sport. Brian Pepper of the club said: We held th
MEMBERS of Royston Bowls Club showcased their skills on the green on Saturday at the club's open day.
Players held demonstrations and bowls sessions for visitors and highlighted the skills needed for the sport.
Brian Pepper of the club said: "We held the open day to attract some new faces to the club, in particular we need a few more youngsters.
"We had a few young players there and they seemed to enjoy themselves. I think it's very important to get them involved because they are the future of the club and the sport.
"The day was very successful and a lot of people came down. It's got the club out there in the community."
Pictured are eight-year-old Jessica Porter and brother Tom 13, with father Ian, and grandfather, club member Bob Porter.
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 3 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 4 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure