Club open day hailed a success
MEMBERS of Royston Bowls Club showcased their skills on the green on Saturday at the club s open day. Players held demonstrations and bowls sessions for visitors and highlighted the skills needed for the sport. Brian Pepper of the club said: We held th
MEMBERS of Royston Bowls Club showcased their skills on the green on Saturday at the club's open day.
Players held demonstrations and bowls sessions for visitors and highlighted the skills needed for the sport.
Brian Pepper of the club said: "We held the open day to attract some new faces to the club, in particular we need a few more youngsters.
"We had a few young players there and they seemed to enjoy themselves. I think it's very important to get them involved because they are the future of the club and the sport.
You may also want to watch:
"The day was very successful and a lot of people came down. It's got the club out there in the community."
Pictured are eight-year-old Jessica Porter and brother Tom 13, with father Ian, and grandfather, club member Bob Porter.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire