Club coach sets sights on county bid
ROYSTON head coach Tricia Dear is confident that a number of the club s swimmers can make it to the Hertfordshire County Championships in March. Last year, Alex Snowden and Millie Farmer competed in the annual meeting held at Borehamwood. And this year
ROYSTON head coach Tricia Dear is confident that a number of the club's swimmers can make it to the Hertfordshire County Championships in March.
Last year, Alex Snowden and Millie Farmer competed in the annual meeting held at Borehamwood.
And this year Dear is hoping that more can follow in their footsteps - including Alex's sister Victoria - and said that many of them had a good chance of making the trip.
Another name to watch is Molly Stephenson, the club's top 10-year-old girl.
You may also want to watch:
Dear also praised the improvements made by many of the swimmers, with some reducing their personal bests by as much as 10 seconds.
She added: "I think up to 20 of them could realistically achieve the qualifying times.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
"The standards have risen considerably over the last year.
"Membership has also risen and we had more than 70 competing in the club championships."
- Royston and Buntingford compete in the second round of the Hertfordshire Major League on Saturday.
Both clubs are aiming to climb out of the division after impressive displays in the opening rounds.