Club aims for success
Buntingford Swimming Club are aiming for a top three finish at the end of their debut season in the Hertfordshire Major League buoyed by a first gala win in nearly three years. Annabel Shaw, Robyn Wilson, Iona Hayes, Gemma Carr, Matt Coote and Dan Peddar
Buntingford Swimming Club are aiming for a top three finish at the end of their debut season in the Hertfordshire Major League buoyed by a first gala win in nearly three years.
Annabel Shaw, Robyn Wilson, Iona Hayes, Gemma Carr, Matt Coote and Dan Peddar scored individual wins as Buntingford finished first in their lastest outing at a novice gala in Ware.
Head coach Alan Bowell says the victory has given Bungtingford's youngsters a huge confidence injection as they prepare for the final round of division three of the Major League later this month.
Buntingford are sure of finishing in the top six of the third division after finishing second in rounds one and two earlier this winter.
You may also want to watch:
Bowell is confident that his squad can secure third spot then launch a push for promotion to division two in 2008: "It's the first year we've been in the Major League and they've exceed all my expectations," he said. "The top two spots are out of our reach but I think we can finish third. Next year we should be pushing for promotion."
Royston, with four 2007 county championship qualifiers in their ranks, aim to chase Buntingford to the wire after finishing just behind their local rivals in the opening rounds
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire