Clifton Colts at it again
Twenty-seven goals last week, 17 this week.
FC Comets Hitchin 0 Clifton Colts Panthers 12
After Clifton Colts scored 27 goals last week in the two matches, they notched another 17 goals at the weekend against FC Comets.
The Panthers side played with confidence and style as they passed the ball around and Ben Hopkins secured another hat-trick, his third on the trot.
You may also want to watch:
Other scorers were josh Evans (four), Josh Scoot (two) and Reece Campbell and Keown Peel.
The biggest cheer of the day went to Ashland Taylor who scored his first of the season when a fantastic turn of pace saw him leave his defender, draw the keeper towards him before slotting it in.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
The club wants to make a special mention to Eddie Hall who set up many of the chances.
FC Comets never gave up the fight and they were a credit to their club.
FC Comets 0 Clifton Colts Jaguars 5
In the second match of the day, Clifton started slowly.
They had many chances to open the scoring, however, but a great defensive and goalkeeper display from the Comets saw the score 0-0 at half time.
The boys showed exactly what they were made of in the second half with a storming display.
Ciaran Boyle fired in a rocket to take the lead and Josh Wendon got number two after a sweetly struck penalty. Cameron Godfrey hit number three after a superb cross from Boyle and Reece Campbell scored a solo goal to make it four before James Hannan notched number five after great work by Ben Hopkins.
FC Comets played their hearts out and a great display from their keeper and defence denied Clifton more goals today.