Clifton Colts at it again
Twenty-seven goals last week, 17 this week.
FC Comets Hitchin 0 Clifton Colts Panthers 12
After Clifton Colts scored 27 goals last week in the two matches, they notched another 17 goals at the weekend against FC Comets.
The Panthers side played with confidence and style as they passed the ball around and Ben Hopkins secured another hat-trick, his third on the trot.
You may also want to watch:
Other scorers were josh Evans (four), Josh Scoot (two) and Reece Campbell and Keown Peel.
The biggest cheer of the day went to Ashland Taylor who scored his first of the season when a fantastic turn of pace saw him leave his defender, draw the keeper towards him before slotting it in.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
The club wants to make a special mention to Eddie Hall who set up many of the chances.
FC Comets never gave up the fight and they were a credit to their club.
FC Comets 0 Clifton Colts Jaguars 5
In the second match of the day, Clifton started slowly.
They had many chances to open the scoring, however, but a great defensive and goalkeeper display from the Comets saw the score 0-0 at half time.
The boys showed exactly what they were made of in the second half with a storming display.
Ciaran Boyle fired in a rocket to take the lead and Josh Wendon got number two after a sweetly struck penalty. Cameron Godfrey hit number three after a superb cross from Boyle and Reece Campbell scored a solo goal to make it four before James Hannan notched number five after great work by Ben Hopkins.
FC Comets played their hearts out and a great display from their keeper and defence denied Clifton more goals today.