Clean sweep as B team hit the top
ROYSTON S return to NHTTA League action provided two fine results. In Division One the B team moved to the top of the table with a 10-0 thrashing of Bedwell D with Yuci Gou, Alf Mills and Martyn Symons winning all their singles while Mills and Symons com
ROYSTON'S return to NHTTA League action provided two fine results.
In Division One the B team moved to the top of the table with a 10-0 thrashing of Bedwell D with Yuci Gou, Alf Mills and Martyn Symons winning all their singles while Mills and Symons combined for the doubles win.
And in Division Two the C team returned to form after their recent slump to record a 9-1 victory over LABB A, which extended their lead at the top. Gordon Barnes and Haydn Gowan won two singles each as well as the doubles, with Terry Bailey's single adding to the three games conceded by their opponents.
However, the D team lost ground when they went down to a 6-4 defeat at Bedwell F. Julian Lugg won his two singles, with Derek Clark and Andy Teemal adding one a piece.
You may also want to watch:
In Division Three, Barry Sharp was in good form for the E team winning his single matches against his Christchurch rivals, however, only a single by Nathan Hutchings added to his good work as they slipped to a 6-4 loss.
And in the Premier Division, John Manley's two single wins and Dave Bridger's single did not reflect the closeness of the A team's encounter with Settlement Skyhawks in their 7-3 defeat.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s