Classy Vets hit back to turn on style
Royston Town Vets 5 Standon & Puckeridge Vets 3 FOUR goals in 12 minutes rescued Royston – with their marvellous comeback seeing off spirited Standon & Puckeridge. Royston got off to a bright start when Nick Humphries put them ahead midway through the
Royston Town Vets 5
Standon & Puckeridge Vets 3
FOUR goals in 12 minutes rescued Royston - with their marvellous comeback seeing off spirited Standon & Puckeridge.
Royston got off to a bright start when Nick Humphries put them ahead midway through the first half, with a stunning 25-yard strike that nestled into the top corner.
You may also want to watch:
However, the lively visitors quickly equalised with a powerful header from a cross from the right.
And Standon were in front moments after the break from the spot after Colin Bowers clipped the heels of a forward.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
Then within a minute the visitors were 3-1 up as Royston were caught napping again.
Daryl Quinn was then introduced to the action and quickly forced a corner from which Steve Holden's header was well saved by the Standon keeper.
But their efforts were rewarded moments later when Peter Leete was hauled down by Young, and referee Martin Pope had no hesitation in pointing to the spot with leading goal scorer Paul Lewis calmly slotting home.
Rejuvenated Royston then pulled level minutes later, when Leete forced a corner from which Quinn's flag kick was headed home by the hard-working Carlo Silenti.
Royston then turned on the style as Lewis turned and volleyed home from 10 yards following a well-flighted Nick Humphries cross.
Leete made then made it five shortly after with a fine header from a Silenti free kick, with no way back for a now dejected Standon.
- Royston entertain the Officers Mess from Bassingbourn at 7.30pm on Monday.
Royston Town Vets: Chaffey, Jackson, Stubbs, Flack, Bowers, Silenti, G Humphries, Holden, Leete, Lewis, N Humphries, McArthur, Cannon, Crawley, Allen, Quinn.