Classy ladies home and dry
Royston Ladies finished their summer league matches in impressive fashion and ended the campaign unbeaten. In their last two matches Royston recorded a 6-2 win over Risbygate thirds at home and then drew with Histon in an exciting 4-4 thriller. With fiv
Royston Ladies finished their summer league matches in impressive fashion and ended the campaign unbeaten.
In their last two matches Royston recorded a 6-2 win over Risbygate thirds at home and then drew with Histon in an exciting 4-4 thriller.
With five wins and two draws, the triumphant team will finish top of Division 4 and will collect the LTA divisional trophy at the end of the season.
Although other teams still have matches to play, Royston cannot be caught.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Christine Knight and Pru Burton had an impressive record, not dropping a set throughout all seven matches.
Other team members were Kathy Betts, Jill Birch, Helen Hastings, and Emma Daintrey.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
The two men's teams are having a more mixed season. The first team drew 4-4 at home, both to Histon and St. Neots, then won 6-2 away to Histon's second team. The team included Matt Fellingham, Mark Griffiths, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes.
The men's seconds lost 6-2 at home to RAF Brampton, and won away to Fulbourn thirds 8-0. Garry Tobiss, David Addison, John Goodbody, Mike Fellingham, and Ralph Betts made up the team.
In the junior section, the under-14 boys lost their last two Hertfordshire League games against Herts GCC 4-2 and Welwyn 5-1. The under-14 team consisted of Sam Tobiss, Louis Boulter, Neil Addision, Jack Clarke, Callum Bacon, and Andrew Betts.
- Visit the Royston Tennis Club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk