Classy ladies home and dry
Royston Ladies finished their summer league matches in impressive fashion and ended the campaign unbeaten. In their last two matches Royston recorded a 6-2 win over Risbygate thirds at home and then drew with Histon in an exciting 4-4 thriller. With fiv
Royston Ladies finished their summer league matches in impressive fashion and ended the campaign unbeaten.
In their last two matches Royston recorded a 6-2 win over Risbygate thirds at home and then drew with Histon in an exciting 4-4 thriller.
With five wins and two draws, the triumphant team will finish top of Division 4 and will collect the LTA divisional trophy at the end of the season.
Although other teams still have matches to play, Royston cannot be caught.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Christine Knight and Pru Burton had an impressive record, not dropping a set throughout all seven matches.
Other team members were Kathy Betts, Jill Birch, Helen Hastings, and Emma Daintrey.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
The two men's teams are having a more mixed season. The first team drew 4-4 at home, both to Histon and St. Neots, then won 6-2 away to Histon's second team. The team included Matt Fellingham, Mark Griffiths, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and John Holmes.
The men's seconds lost 6-2 at home to RAF Brampton, and won away to Fulbourn thirds 8-0. Garry Tobiss, David Addison, John Goodbody, Mike Fellingham, and Ralph Betts made up the team.
In the junior section, the under-14 boys lost their last two Hertfordshire League games against Herts GCC 4-2 and Welwyn 5-1. The under-14 team consisted of Sam Tobiss, Louis Boulter, Neil Addision, Jack Clarke, Callum Bacon, and Andrew Betts.
- Visit the Royston Tennis Club website at www.royston-tennis.co.uk