Clarkall set to follow Hamilton
KIEREN Clark will take part in this years Formula Renault Winter Series, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton. The Royston-based racer will drive for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport in the series, which is seen as a stepping stone to the presti
KIEREN Clark will take part in this years' Formula Renault Winter Series, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton.
The Royston-based racer will drive for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport in the series, which is seen as a stepping stone to the prestigious Formula Renault UK Championship.
Current Formula One drivers such as Hamilton, newly crowned world champion Kimi Raikkonen, and Heikki Kovalainen, have all competed in the series in the past.
Clark said: "I've learned a huge amount from this year, with my family running the car, but next year is going to be another huge step, and we need to be at the same level as the front running professional teams."
You may also want to watch:
Aportex Scorpio has completed a season in the Formula Renault Championship, with its leading driver Will Bratt finishing third in the overall standings.
Clark said: "Aportex Scorpio will push me on to the next level. They are a great team"
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
The Formula Renault Winter Series will take place at Donnington Park on November 3, and at Croft in North Yorkshire on November 10.