Clarkall set to follow Hamilton
KIEREN Clark will take part in this years Formula Renault Winter Series, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton. The Royston-based racer will drive for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport in the series, which is seen as a stepping stone to the presti
KIEREN Clark will take part in this years' Formula Renault Winter Series, hoping to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton.
The Royston-based racer will drive for Apotex Scorpio Motorsport in the series, which is seen as a stepping stone to the prestigious Formula Renault UK Championship.
Current Formula One drivers such as Hamilton, newly crowned world champion Kimi Raikkonen, and Heikki Kovalainen, have all competed in the series in the past.
Clark said: "I've learned a huge amount from this year, with my family running the car, but next year is going to be another huge step, and we need to be at the same level as the front running professional teams."
You may also want to watch:
Aportex Scorpio has completed a season in the Formula Renault Championship, with its leading driver Will Bratt finishing third in the overall standings.
Clark said: "Aportex Scorpio will push me on to the next level. They are a great team"
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
The Formula Renault Winter Series will take place at Donnington Park on November 3, and at Croft in North Yorkshire on November 10.