Clark to take part in British Touring Car weekend
BRDC Rising Star, Kieren Clark, has announced a last minute entry into this weekend s Formula Renault UK race as part of the British Touring Car weekend at Rockingham. Kieren will again be racing with the successful Loughborough based Scorpio Motorsport
BRDC Rising Star, Kieren Clark, has announced a last minute entry into this weekend's Formula Renault UK race as part of the British Touring Car weekend at Rockingham.
Kieren will again be racing with the successful Loughborough based Scorpio Motorsport team that took him to victory in last year's 2009 BARC Formula Renault Championship.
"I'm delighted to be able to be in this weekend's race, having missed out on the first rounds at Thruxton," said Kieren.
"It has all come together very late, and at this stage it's only for this weekend, but we are discussing the rest of the season with quite a few people, so hopefully we can demonstrate what we can do at Rockingham and encourage other organisations to come and work with us.
You may also want to watch:
"It will be the first time I've driven the car seriously, it's a new, lighter and more powerful car, with much more aerodynamic grip than the previous year's car.
"It's also equipped with a seven speed sequential gearbox, so that will be fun.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
"It will put me at a bit of a disadvantage to the guys with testing, and the first races under their belt, but that gives me something to aim for."
Qualifying is on Saturday, with two races scheduled for Sunday.
The first race is scheduled to start at 10.35, with the second race being shown live on ITV4 at 3.55pm. Both races will also be shown on Motors TV later in the month.