Clark shows his class
ROYSTON S Kieren Clark demonstrated his domination in the 2009 Protyre Formula Renault BARC Championship at Brands Hatch for the eighth and ninth rounds of the series last weekend. Clark dominated in both races byleading from the start to delight his Apo
ROYSTON'S Kieren Clark demonstrated his domination in the 2009 Protyre Formula Renault BARC Championship at Brands Hatch for the eighth and ninth rounds of the series last weekend.
Clark dominated in both races byleading from the start to delight his Apotex Scorpio Motorsport team.
Victory in the first of the day's races was sweetened with a team one-two as Joe Crook, Clark's team-mate, finished in a well deserved second place.
Having qualified in pole position for both races in the previous day's sessions, the Palmersport's Bedford instructor drove the two races faultlessly to end both races more than 10 seconds clear of his nearest rivals over the two 25 lap races.
You may also want to watch:
Clark said: "It's been a fantastic weekend for me, and for the team. It was great to see Joe alongside me on the podium for the first race. Although it might have looked easy, I had to keep pushing in both races as I know how quick the others, especially Dino (Zamparelli), can be.
"I was a little concerned my tyres might start to fade in the heat but they held together well in the end.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
"It was another good effort from the team to get the cars running spot on.
"I think I've increased my lead in the points table over Dino as well, so its all good. It's two weeks until the next rounds at Rockingham and I'm ready to go - I cant wait!"
If you are interested in sponsoring Clark you can contact him by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org