Clark sets focus on new season
ROYSTON driver Kieren Clark is setting his sights on next year s Formula Renault UK Championship following a disappointing end to his season. Even so, the talented youngster impressed on Sunday, delivering a season s best seventh place in the final roun
ROYSTON driver Kieren Clark is setting his sights on next year's Formula Renault UK Championship following a disappointing end to his season.
Even so, the talented youngster impressed on Sunday, delivering a season's best seventh place in the final rounds of the 2008 championships.
Clark said: "I got off to a brilliant start, but Riki Christodoulou didn't, and I had to swerve round him at the last minute.
"Having slotted in behind Dean Stoneman and Scott Jenkins I managed to squeeze through.
You may also want to watch:
"The car was superb, and it's a shame that I didn't do quite as well in the qualifying for the second race."
As it was, Clark missed out on the top 10 start by 0.1s for the second race of the day.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
And after another impressive start, he suffered a 360 degree spin - and finished 17th.
But Clark said afterwards: "I know that I have improved over the year, and with the help I've had both on and off the track, I think we can look forward to a good season next year.