Clark sets focus on new season
ROYSTON driver Kieren Clark is setting his sights on next year s Formula Renault UK Championship following a disappointing end to his season. Even so, the talented youngster impressed on Sunday, delivering a season s best seventh place in the final roun
ROYSTON driver Kieren Clark is setting his sights on next year's Formula Renault UK Championship following a disappointing end to his season.
Even so, the talented youngster impressed on Sunday, delivering a season's best seventh place in the final rounds of the 2008 championships.
Clark said: "I got off to a brilliant start, but Riki Christodoulou didn't, and I had to swerve round him at the last minute.
"Having slotted in behind Dean Stoneman and Scott Jenkins I managed to squeeze through.
You may also want to watch:
"The car was superb, and it's a shame that I didn't do quite as well in the qualifying for the second race."
As it was, Clark missed out on the top 10 start by 0.1s for the second race of the day.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 3 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 4 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 5 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
And after another impressive start, he suffered a 360 degree spin - and finished 17th.
But Clark said afterwards: "I know that I have improved over the year, and with the help I've had both on and off the track, I think we can look forward to a good season next year.