Clark powers to Brands Hatch win
KIEREN Clark goes into round 11 of the Jedi Championship as joint leader after a fine performance at Brands Hatch on Saturday. Having suffered a problem with his clutch in the previous round at Oulton Park, Clark again sufferd mechanical problems with the
KIEREN Clark goes into round 11 of the Jedi Championship as joint leader after a fine performance at Brands Hatch on Saturday.
Having suffered a problem with his clutch in the previous round at Oulton Park, Clark again sufferd mechanical problems with the fuel system, leaving him only able to record a time of 50.15 seconds in the first qualifying stage.
Qualifying went well on Saturday with no fuel problems and Clark put his car on pole with a lap time of 48.75 seconds, just outside the 600c record and faster than six 1000cc cars.
For the race, all the cars lined up in the collection area, and the rain started, and although light, it was enough to wet the track and make the conditions greasy.
Clark made a good start, defending his position from championship leader Richard Mitcham until his tyres warmed up and allowed him to pass a 1000cc car and pull away about 0.5 sec per lap.
Clark ended up with a convincing win of nine seconds ahead of Mitcham and seven overall, lapping up to fourth place in the 600cc class as well as beating nine of the 1000cc drivers.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Clark said after the race "It was a difficult race in extremely slippy conditions, but this is where my karting experience came in as this is quite normal for the back end to step out and slide.
"This now leaves me just level on points with Richard and with five races to go I still feel the championship is mine"
The next round is a single header at Thruxton shared with British F3 and the British GT series over the final weekend in September.
PERFECT RACE: Kieren Clark recorded an easy win at Brands Hatch.