Clark is on the up
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition. The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualifi
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition.
The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualified for the main events by securing two eighth placed finishes in the qualifying rounds.
In round five, despite getting off to a blistering start, Clark pushed hard from eighth position and chased the two rival cars ahead of him on the grid, but found a breakthrough hard to come by.
But when Copeland ran wide on a corner, Clark was there to pounce and squeezed through just in time to finish in a well-deserved sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
Clark resumed action in round six, and after holding his own for most of the early stages, unfortunately slipped up and fell from eighth place down to 10th.
It was a position Clark held on to, until a mistake from Fischer gave the youngster another chance to push on, and as a result Clark sealed ninth place.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
And after the disqualification of Rossi who finished eighth, Clark's final position increased further.
Clark said: "That was a close race and I was pushing hard to break through to escape Fischer and Dittman.
"I knew I could chase the front pack, but I couldn't find a way through."
Clark recorded the competition's fourth fastest lap at one point, and will now be hoping to take his form into the next rounds, which will be held in Snetterton.
- To help with sponsorship contact firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk