Clark is on the up
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition. The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualifi
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition.
The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualified for the main events by securing two eighth placed finishes in the qualifying rounds.
In round five, despite getting off to a blistering start, Clark pushed hard from eighth position and chased the two rival cars ahead of him on the grid, but found a breakthrough hard to come by.
But when Copeland ran wide on a corner, Clark was there to pounce and squeezed through just in time to finish in a well-deserved sixth place.
Clark resumed action in round six, and after holding his own for most of the early stages, unfortunately slipped up and fell from eighth place down to 10th.
It was a position Clark held on to, until a mistake from Fischer gave the youngster another chance to push on, and as a result Clark sealed ninth place.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
And after the disqualification of Rossi who finished eighth, Clark's final position increased further.
Clark said: "That was a close race and I was pushing hard to break through to escape Fischer and Dittman.
"I knew I could chase the front pack, but I couldn't find a way through."
Clark recorded the competition's fourth fastest lap at one point, and will now be hoping to take his form into the next rounds, which will be held in Snetterton.
- To help with sponsorship contact firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk