Clark is on the up
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition. The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualifi
KIERAN Clark enhanced his growing reputation in the BARC Formula Renault championship with two creditable performances in rounds five and six of the competition.
The Tadlow youngster was at Silverstone for only his third Formula Renault race, and qualified for the main events by securing two eighth placed finishes in the qualifying rounds.
In round five, despite getting off to a blistering start, Clark pushed hard from eighth position and chased the two rival cars ahead of him on the grid, but found a breakthrough hard to come by.
But when Copeland ran wide on a corner, Clark was there to pounce and squeezed through just in time to finish in a well-deserved sixth place.
You may also want to watch:
Clark resumed action in round six, and after holding his own for most of the early stages, unfortunately slipped up and fell from eighth place down to 10th.
It was a position Clark held on to, until a mistake from Fischer gave the youngster another chance to push on, and as a result Clark sealed ninth place.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
And after the disqualification of Rossi who finished eighth, Clark's final position increased further.
Clark said: "That was a close race and I was pushing hard to break through to escape Fischer and Dittman.
"I knew I could chase the front pack, but I couldn't find a way through."
Clark recorded the competition's fourth fastest lap at one point, and will now be hoping to take his form into the next rounds, which will be held in Snetterton.
- To help with sponsorship contact email@example.com or for more information visit www.3ksracing.co.uk