Clark gets ready to follow Hamilton
MOTOR SPORT YOUNG Royston racer, Kieren Clark is set to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton by lining up in the Formula Renault UK Championship. The 19-year-old is set to test his skills with Apotex Scorpio Motorsport this coming season after signi
YOUNG Royston racer, Kieren Clark is set to follow in the footsteps of Lewis Hamilton by lining up in the Formula Renault UK Championship.
The 19-year-old is set to test his skills with Apotex Scorpio Motorsport this coming season after signing a contract with the Loughborough-based team.
This season's Formula Renault UK Championships, which starts at the end of March, will also support the popular MSA British Touring Car Championship weekends.
You may also want to watch:
For Clark, the prestigious UK Championship is a serious step forward, as the youngster looks to reach the top level of motorsport. And having risen through the ranks of karting, just as Hamilton, Heikki Kovalainen, and Kimi Raikkonen, the talented Clark cannot wait to get started.
He said: "It's great to have a team of Apotex Scorpio's experience behind me and I learned a lot while working with them during the winter series - which I will be hoping to use to great effect during the 2008 season."
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The Apotex Scorpio Motorsport team completed a highly successful 2007 Formula Renault UK series season, finishing third in the overall placings with their number one driver and rising star Will Bratt finishing third in the drivers championship.
Clark said: "With the official testing starting at the end of next month, I'm currently building up my fitness ready for the season ahead. It's going to be a hard year - but I'm certainly looking forward to the challenge.