Clark collects Silverstone points
ROYSTON racer Kieren Clark picked up valuable points at the Silverstone round of the Formula Renault UK Championship. However, qualifying did not quite go to plan for the talented youngster, with engine problems resulting in a 16th position placing for bo
ROYSTON racer Kieren Clark picked up valuable points at the Silverstone round of the Formula Renault UK Championship.
However, qualifying did not quite go to plan for the talented youngster, with engine problems resulting in a 16th position placing for both of his races.
A stunning start in the first saw Clark move up three places before picking off two more rivals along the straight into Becketts.
However, his hopes were soon dented when he caught his front wing on a rival car.
You may also want to watch:
A forced pit and change followed, but two laps behind, Clark could only manage a 17th spot finish despite registering a number of top 10 times.
The second race also started well, with Clark soon racing into ninth place after the first lap.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
By the 16th lap he was down to 11th, but held on, and crossed the line just outside of the top 10 for a deserved 11th place.
Clark said: "After the aggro with the engine, it was good to make up the places in the race. The team did a great job of getting me back on the track."
Clark will be back in action next month with the next round of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Snetterton on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday July 13.
For more information on Kieren Clark visit www.kierenclark.com