Clark collects Silverstone points
ROYSTON racer Kieren Clark picked up valuable points at the Silverstone round of the Formula Renault UK Championship. However, qualifying did not quite go to plan for the talented youngster, with engine problems resulting in a 16th position placing for bo
ROYSTON racer Kieren Clark picked up valuable points at the Silverstone round of the Formula Renault UK Championship.
However, qualifying did not quite go to plan for the talented youngster, with engine problems resulting in a 16th position placing for both of his races.
A stunning start in the first saw Clark move up three places before picking off two more rivals along the straight into Becketts.
However, his hopes were soon dented when he caught his front wing on a rival car.
You may also want to watch:
A forced pit and change followed, but two laps behind, Clark could only manage a 17th spot finish despite registering a number of top 10 times.
The second race also started well, with Clark soon racing into ninth place after the first lap.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
By the 16th lap he was down to 11th, but held on, and crossed the line just outside of the top 10 for a deserved 11th place.
Clark said: "After the aggro with the engine, it was good to make up the places in the race. The team did a great job of getting me back on the track."
Clark will be back in action next month with the next round of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Snetterton on Saturday, July 12 and Sunday July 13.
For more information on Kieren Clark visit www.kierenclark.com