Clark battles to respectable finish
BRDC Rising Star, Kieren Clark, had a mountain to climb at the Rockingham rounds of the Formula Renault UK Championship recently, but still managed to show his potential nonetheless. With a new design of car introduced by Renault for this season, the 2009
BRDC Rising Star, Kieren Clark, had a mountain to climb at the Rockingham rounds of the Formula Renault UK Championship recently, but still managed to show his potential nonetheless.
With a new design of car introduced by Renault for this season, the 2009 BARC Formula Renault champion had not driven the new car before the weekend meeting.
However, from a poor qualifying position, a fourteenth place finish in the second race was a sound showing from Kieren after showing some dynamic passing manoeuvres which highlighted his ability at this level.
Kieren acknowledged he didn't have enough time to get used to his new car, but said the weekend was a good opportunity to improve and get more track time under his belt.
"Having only been offered the opportunity to race last weekend, there was not much time to prepare, other than sort out the seat!" said Kieren.
"As soon as we started testing on Friday it was clear that the aerodynamic package worked much better than the old car, as well as much more mechanical grip, so braking and turn-in was something I tried to improve on.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
"The tyres are loaded much more and now only last a couple of laps, so there isn't much time to find a gap in the traffic, you just have to go for it straight away.
"In the first qualifying I managed to get caught behind some of the guys who were doing a very slow first lap, then caught the downshift paddle as I turned into the chicane, which didn't really help my qualifying time.
"Second qualifying was much better, but there's still a lot of time to come from braking, as there is so much grip there from the car. It was a bit disappointing, but with so little time in the car I know there is much more to come.
"It was a great opportunity and a big thanks must go to MIS Race Insurance and the Scorpio team who have done a great job as always to get the car sorted.
"I've got some interest from some potential sponsors for future races, so hopefully we'll be back, possibly at the Oulton Park round."
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more about the opportunities to get involved in motorsport, or visit Kieren's website www.kierenclark.com to see how Kieren can work with your business, and support him onto the next level.