Chris Boote Tournament under way
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition. Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition.
Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled in extra time.
Steve Fakes scored Barrington's late winner, after Carl Pedlar and Paul Lochhead had netted during normal time.
Joshua Russell and Joseph McMenamin scored the goals for Ambassadors.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Tuesday, Melbourn impressed in their 2-0 win against Meldreth, with Steve Margott and Tom Walker making the difference in front of goal.
Melbourn and Barrington will meet the winners of Fowlmere Metals and Fowlmere (who played last night, Wednesday) and the winners of Foxton and Cambourne who play tonight (Thursday), in the semi-finals.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The final will take place on Friday May 23, at Fowlmere Sports and Social Ground.
On Sunday the tournament will also feature an exhibition game between The Chris Boote All Stars and Tottenham Hotspur Vets, a side that may include former stars Danny Maddix, Gary Brooks, Mark Falco, Paul Moran, Tony Galvin, and Clive Wilson.
The game will also be played at Fowlmere at 2pm, and will be free to enter.