Chris Boote Tournament under way
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition. Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition.
Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled in extra time.
Steve Fakes scored Barrington's late winner, after Carl Pedlar and Paul Lochhead had netted during normal time.
Joshua Russell and Joseph McMenamin scored the goals for Ambassadors.
You may also want to watch:
Then on Tuesday, Melbourn impressed in their 2-0 win against Meldreth, with Steve Margott and Tom Walker making the difference in front of goal.
Melbourn and Barrington will meet the winners of Fowlmere Metals and Fowlmere (who played last night, Wednesday) and the winners of Foxton and Cambourne who play tonight (Thursday), in the semi-finals.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The final will take place on Friday May 23, at Fowlmere Sports and Social Ground.
On Sunday the tournament will also feature an exhibition game between The Chris Boote All Stars and Tottenham Hotspur Vets, a side that may include former stars Danny Maddix, Gary Brooks, Mark Falco, Paul Moran, Tony Galvin, and Clive Wilson.
The game will also be played at Fowlmere at 2pm, and will be free to enter.