Chris Boote Tournament under way
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition. Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled
THE popular Chris Boote Memorial Tournament got underway this week, and it looks set to be another entertaining competition.
Barrington and Cambridge Ambassadors got the proceedings underway on Monday evening, in an end-to-end game that had to be settled in extra time.
Steve Fakes scored Barrington's late winner, after Carl Pedlar and Paul Lochhead had netted during normal time.
Joshua Russell and Joseph McMenamin scored the goals for Ambassadors.
Then on Tuesday, Melbourn impressed in their 2-0 win against Meldreth, with Steve Margott and Tom Walker making the difference in front of goal.
Melbourn and Barrington will meet the winners of Fowlmere Metals and Fowlmere (who played last night, Wednesday) and the winners of Foxton and Cambourne who play tonight (Thursday), in the semi-finals.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 4 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 5 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 8 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 9 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 10 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
The final will take place on Friday May 23, at Fowlmere Sports and Social Ground.
On Sunday the tournament will also feature an exhibition game between The Chris Boote All Stars and Tottenham Hotspur Vets, a side that may include former stars Danny Maddix, Gary Brooks, Mark Falco, Paul Moran, Tony Galvin, and Clive Wilson.
The game will also be played at Fowlmere at 2pm, and will be free to enter.