Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament
Annual fundraising tournament kicks off on Monday (May 9)
THE annual Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament starts on Monday, May 9.
All matches kick-off at 6.30pm at Fowlmere Sports & Social Ground and funds raised from the tournament will be donated to Cancer Research. Last year �6,030 was sent to the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund.
Here are details of the first week’s matches:
Barrington v Foxton (Monday, May 9), Meldrerh United v Fowlmere (Tuesday, May 10), Cambourne v Fowlmere Metals (Wednesday, May 11), Ambassadors v Melbourn (Thursday, May 12).
Semi-finals will be played the following Monday and Tuesday (May 16 and 17) with the final being played on Friday, May 20.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon