Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament
Annual fundraising tournament kicks off on Monday (May 9)
THE annual Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament starts on Monday, May 9.
All matches kick-off at 6.30pm at Fowlmere Sports & Social Ground and funds raised from the tournament will be donated to Cancer Research. Last year �6,030 was sent to the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund.
Here are details of the first week’s matches:
Barrington v Foxton (Monday, May 9), Meldrerh United v Fowlmere (Tuesday, May 10), Cambourne v Fowlmere Metals (Wednesday, May 11), Ambassadors v Melbourn (Thursday, May 12).
You may also want to watch:
Semi-finals will be played the following Monday and Tuesday (May 16 and 17) with the final being played on Friday, May 20.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange