Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament
Annual fundraising tournament kicks off on Monday (May 9)
THE annual Chris Boote Memorial Football Tournament starts on Monday, May 9.
All matches kick-off at 6.30pm at Fowlmere Sports & Social Ground and funds raised from the tournament will be donated to Cancer Research. Last year �6,030 was sent to the Cambridge Cancer Research Fund.
Here are details of the first week’s matches:
Barrington v Foxton (Monday, May 9), Meldrerh United v Fowlmere (Tuesday, May 10), Cambourne v Fowlmere Metals (Wednesday, May 11), Ambassadors v Melbourn (Thursday, May 12).
You may also want to watch:
Semi-finals will be played the following Monday and Tuesday (May 16 and 17) with the final being played on Friday, May 20.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?