Chishill toil in the field
GREAT Chishill were set a formidable total of 243 by Little Downham in Senior League Division 3. Downham opener Heaps (72) and an undefeated 56 from Cornwall led the charge as the hosts toiled in the field. In reply Chishill s top order were quickly dismi
GREAT Chishill were set a formidable total of 243 by Little Downham in Senior League Division 3.
Downham opener Heaps (72) and an undefeated 56 from Cornwall led the charge as the hosts toiled in the field.
In reply Chishill's top order were quickly dismissed and it was left to Paul Drury to attempt a recovery in the middle order with 37, before Richard Wood (40 not out) and Tom Fagg (26 not out) took the score on to 183 for 5 at the close, still 60 runs short.
In Division 4C Great Chishill seconds found batting difficult on a green wicket against Whittlesford.
You may also want to watch:
Martin Sorrell hit a rapid 31 before being run out, but a total of 119 never looked enough.
Whittlesford had a few scares in reaching the winning line, with Brian Manning and Simon Lipscombe each taking two wickets, but the hosts eased to victory with 14 overs to spare.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob