Chishill take over at the top
GREAT Chishill propelled themselves to the top of Senior Division 3 with a comfortable 78-run victory seeing off former league leaders Linton Village. The hosts batted first, with Kirk Chilton (39) helping take Chishill to 82 for 2 before a batting colla
GREAT Chishill propelled themselves to the top of Senior Division 3 with a comfortable 78-run victory seeing off former league leaders Linton Village.
The hosts batted first, with Kirk Chilton (39) helping take Chishill to 82 for 2 before a batting collapse saw them slump to 115 for 7.
Ollie Stoop (42) and Tom Fagg (24) staged a recovery, and took Chishill to 170 for 8, before Adrian Drury took the hosts to 206.
Guy Musson's spell of 4 for 54 and an astonishing 3 for 8 off four overs from Angus Gent hustled Linton into submission and all out for 128.
n IN Division 4C Great Chishill seconds fought hard for what would have been a vital win over Bottisham/Lode seconds as the division's bottom two clubs battled it out.
In the end Great Chishill lost out by just three runs which has left them in a perilous position at the foot of the table, as Graham Darling made a century for the hosts, who set a formidable target of 227.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Edward Hanson was unfortunate to miss out on a five-wicket haul, taking 4 for 41, while undaunted Mike Harris (101 not out) replied with a century of his own, as Chishill set about the hosts' total.
Martin Sorrell added a well-taken 27, before Hanson maintained the visitors' momentum with a quick-fire 17.
Chishill came close to snatching a remarkable victory, however, finished just four runs short of victory.