Chishill take over at the top
GREAT Chishill propelled themselves to the top of Senior Division 3 with a comfortable 78-run victory seeing off former league leaders Linton Village. The hosts batted first, with Kirk Chilton (39) helping take Chishill to 82 for 2 before a batting colla
GREAT Chishill propelled themselves to the top of Senior Division 3 with a comfortable 78-run victory seeing off former league leaders Linton Village.
The hosts batted first, with Kirk Chilton (39) helping take Chishill to 82 for 2 before a batting collapse saw them slump to 115 for 7.
Ollie Stoop (42) and Tom Fagg (24) staged a recovery, and took Chishill to 170 for 8, before Adrian Drury took the hosts to 206.
Guy Musson's spell of 4 for 54 and an astonishing 3 for 8 off four overs from Angus Gent hustled Linton into submission and all out for 128.
You may also want to watch:
n IN Division 4C Great Chishill seconds fought hard for what would have been a vital win over Bottisham/Lode seconds as the division's bottom two clubs battled it out.
In the end Great Chishill lost out by just three runs which has left them in a perilous position at the foot of the table, as Graham Darling made a century for the hosts, who set a formidable target of 227.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
Edward Hanson was unfortunate to miss out on a five-wicket haul, taking 4 for 41, while undaunted Mike Harris (101 not out) replied with a century of his own, as Chishill set about the hosts' total.
Martin Sorrell added a well-taken 27, before Hanson maintained the visitors' momentum with a quick-fire 17.
Chishill came close to snatching a remarkable victory, however, finished just four runs short of victory.