Chishill suffer late defeat at Wilbraham
Wilbraham 3 Great Chishill 2
GREAT CHISHILL were stunned by a late rocket as they came unstuck on Saturday.
The first half was an even contest with Ali Porter testing the Wilbraham goalkeeper from a free kick.
Wilbraham broke away to take the lead five minutes before the break but the visitors responded immediately when a Wilbraham defender turned the ball into his own net after Connor Tidey’s short was saved.
Chishill started the second half brightly and took the lead through Lee Smith who beat the ‘keeper with a spectacular 45-yard lob.
You may also want to watch:
However, Chishill’s forward play lacked urgency and they allowed the home side back into the game. The equaliser came with 20 minutes left, an excellent glancing header from a right wing cross, before a terrific 35-yard strike that went in off the crossbar won it for Wilbraham in the last 10 minutes.
Chishill worked hard to get back into the game but failed to create any real chances as they slumped to their second defeat of the season.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Hicks, Bennett, Gardiner, Tidey, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Porter, Radford.