Chishill suffer late defeat at Wilbraham
Wilbraham 3 Great Chishill 2
GREAT CHISHILL were stunned by a late rocket as they came unstuck on Saturday.
The first half was an even contest with Ali Porter testing the Wilbraham goalkeeper from a free kick.
Wilbraham broke away to take the lead five minutes before the break but the visitors responded immediately when a Wilbraham defender turned the ball into his own net after Connor Tidey’s short was saved.
Chishill started the second half brightly and took the lead through Lee Smith who beat the ‘keeper with a spectacular 45-yard lob.
You may also want to watch:
However, Chishill’s forward play lacked urgency and they allowed the home side back into the game. The equaliser came with 20 minutes left, an excellent glancing header from a right wing cross, before a terrific 35-yard strike that went in off the crossbar won it for Wilbraham in the last 10 minutes.
Chishill worked hard to get back into the game but failed to create any real chances as they slumped to their second defeat of the season.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Hicks, Bennett, Gardiner, Tidey, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Porter, Radford.