Chishill suffer late defeat at Wilbraham
Wilbraham 3 Great Chishill 2
GREAT CHISHILL were stunned by a late rocket as they came unstuck on Saturday.
The first half was an even contest with Ali Porter testing the Wilbraham goalkeeper from a free kick.
Wilbraham broke away to take the lead five minutes before the break but the visitors responded immediately when a Wilbraham defender turned the ball into his own net after Connor Tidey’s short was saved.
Chishill started the second half brightly and took the lead through Lee Smith who beat the ‘keeper with a spectacular 45-yard lob.
However, Chishill’s forward play lacked urgency and they allowed the home side back into the game. The equaliser came with 20 minutes left, an excellent glancing header from a right wing cross, before a terrific 35-yard strike that went in off the crossbar won it for Wilbraham in the last 10 minutes.
Chishill worked hard to get back into the game but failed to create any real chances as they slumped to their second defeat of the season.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Hicks, Bennett, Gardiner, Tidey, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Porter, Radford.