Chishill step up league title bid
Great Chishill 2 Hardwick Res 0 GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick. With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter. The visitors had the better of t
Great Chishill 2
Hardwick Res 0
GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick.
With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors had the better of the first half, and Chishill goalkeeper Ian Gallagher made several fine saves to keep the scores level.
There was controversy just before half time, when Chishall's Gary Radford was denied what looked like a clear penalty when he was brought down in the box.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Hardwick were left to rue those missed chances, as Chishill took control after the break.
Radford tormented their defence with his pace on the wing, while up front Alex Porter and Steve McGee were full of running.
It was McGee who struck the opening goal, heading Dan Manning's long ball past the keeper.
Manning also created the second goal, when his free kick was slotted home at the far post by substitute Jay Wiltshire.