Chishill step up league title bid
Great Chishill 2 Hardwick Res 0 GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick. With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter. The visitors had the better of t
Great Chishill 2
Hardwick Res 0
GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick.
With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter.
The visitors had the better of the first half, and Chishill goalkeeper Ian Gallagher made several fine saves to keep the scores level.
There was controversy just before half time, when Chishall's Gary Radford was denied what looked like a clear penalty when he was brought down in the box.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 4 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 5 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
Hardwick were left to rue those missed chances, as Chishill took control after the break.
Radford tormented their defence with his pace on the wing, while up front Alex Porter and Steve McGee were full of running.
It was McGee who struck the opening goal, heading Dan Manning's long ball past the keeper.
Manning also created the second goal, when his free kick was slotted home at the far post by substitute Jay Wiltshire.