Chishill step up league title bid
Great Chishill 2 Hardwick Res 0 GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick. With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter. The visitors had the better of t
Great Chishill 2
Hardwick Res 0
GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick.
With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter.
The visitors had the better of the first half, and Chishill goalkeeper Ian Gallagher made several fine saves to keep the scores level.
There was controversy just before half time, when Chishall's Gary Radford was denied what looked like a clear penalty when he was brought down in the box.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 4 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
Hardwick were left to rue those missed chances, as Chishill took control after the break.
Radford tormented their defence with his pace on the wing, while up front Alex Porter and Steve McGee were full of running.
It was McGee who struck the opening goal, heading Dan Manning's long ball past the keeper.
Manning also created the second goal, when his free kick was slotted home at the far post by substitute Jay Wiltshire.