Chishill step up league title bid
Great Chishill 2 Hardwick Res 0 GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick. With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter. The visitors had the better of t
Great Chishill 2
Hardwick Res 0
GREAT Chishill moved up to fourth in the league with a hard-fought victory over Hardwick.
With the teams starting the match level on points, this was always going to be a tight encounter.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors had the better of the first half, and Chishill goalkeeper Ian Gallagher made several fine saves to keep the scores level.
There was controversy just before half time, when Chishall's Gary Radford was denied what looked like a clear penalty when he was brought down in the box.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 8 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Hardwick were left to rue those missed chances, as Chishill took control after the break.
Radford tormented their defence with his pace on the wing, while up front Alex Porter and Steve McGee were full of running.
It was McGee who struck the opening goal, heading Dan Manning's long ball past the keeper.
Manning also created the second goal, when his free kick was slotted home at the far post by substitute Jay Wiltshire.