Chishill sorely miss McGee
Papworth 2 Great Chishill 0 CHISHILL never recovered from conceding an early goal in their match at Papworth. The home side took the lead in the fifth minute when the ball was scrambled in at the near post following a corner. From then on they controlled
Papworth 2 Great Chishill 0
CHISHILL never recovered from conceding an early goal in their match at Papworth.
The home side took the lead in the fifth minute when the ball was scrambled in at the near post following a corner.
From then on they controlled the first half, with the only chance of note for Chishill being a Chris Butler free kick that was comfortably saved.
You may also want to watch:
Papworth doubled their lead early in the second half, and after that the visitors never looked likely to get back into the match.
Without injured top-scorer Steve McGee, Chishill rarely tested the Papworth keeper.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
The closest they came was when substitutes Tom Hodge and Russell Drury combined, but the latter's close range shot was deflected away.
Chishill will be looking to bounce back this weekend when they take on Melbourn.