Chishill shot down by Newmarket's young guns
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2 A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts. The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pu
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2
A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts.
The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pulled off a good save with his legs however Newmarket did make the breakthrough moments later with a follow-up goal following another Bennett save.
This sparked Chishill into life and Jono Hodge forced an excellent save from the visiting 'keeper but Chishill were unable to find an equaliser before half time.
Chishill made tactical changes at the break and played some good passing football in the second half but Newmarket were always a threat on the counter and Bennett was forced into several crucial saves.
There was nothing he could do though to stop a Newmarket striker from slotting home another quick counterattack with 20 minutes left.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 5 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 6 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
The hosts pulled a goal back through substitute Gareth Edey and thought they had equalised through Gary Radford only for his deflected lob to be hooked off the line by a Newmarket defender.
Great Chishill: Bennett, R Drury, Saward, Gardiner, Bramwell, Radford, E Drury, Jackson, J Drury, Porter, J Hodge. Subs: Edey, T Hodge.