Chishill shot down by Newmarket's young guns
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2 A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts. The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pu
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2
A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts.
The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pulled off a good save with his legs however Newmarket did make the breakthrough moments later with a follow-up goal following another Bennett save.
This sparked Chishill into life and Jono Hodge forced an excellent save from the visiting 'keeper but Chishill were unable to find an equaliser before half time.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill made tactical changes at the break and played some good passing football in the second half but Newmarket were always a threat on the counter and Bennett was forced into several crucial saves.
There was nothing he could do though to stop a Newmarket striker from slotting home another quick counterattack with 20 minutes left.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
The hosts pulled a goal back through substitute Gareth Edey and thought they had equalised through Gary Radford only for his deflected lob to be hooked off the line by a Newmarket defender.
Great Chishill: Bennett, R Drury, Saward, Gardiner, Bramwell, Radford, E Drury, Jackson, J Drury, Porter, J Hodge. Subs: Edey, T Hodge.