Chishill shot down by Newmarket's young guns
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2 A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts. The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pu
Great Chishill 1 Newmarket Town A 2
A YOUNG Newmarket Town team shaded an entertaining game against Chishill on Saturday with their movement and early pressure causing problems for the hosts.
The hosts conceded a penalty on 15 minutes but James Bennett pulled off a good save with his legs however Newmarket did make the breakthrough moments later with a follow-up goal following another Bennett save.
This sparked Chishill into life and Jono Hodge forced an excellent save from the visiting 'keeper but Chishill were unable to find an equaliser before half time.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill made tactical changes at the break and played some good passing football in the second half but Newmarket were always a threat on the counter and Bennett was forced into several crucial saves.
There was nothing he could do though to stop a Newmarket striker from slotting home another quick counterattack with 20 minutes left.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
The hosts pulled a goal back through substitute Gareth Edey and thought they had equalised through Gary Radford only for his deflected lob to be hooked off the line by a Newmarket defender.
Great Chishill: Bennett, R Drury, Saward, Gardiner, Bramwell, Radford, E Drury, Jackson, J Drury, Porter, J Hodge. Subs: Edey, T Hodge.