Chishill’s run comes to an end
GREAT Chishill saw their winning streak come to a spectacular end at Great Shelford, with Milne destroying the visitors with the amazing figures of 10-4-9-5. Only Paul Drury stood firm for Chishill, hitting 52 in a total of 85 all out, with little suppor
GREAT Chishill saw their winning streak come to a spectacular end at Great Shelford, with Milne destroying the visitors with the amazing figures of 10-4-9-5.
Only Paul Drury stood firm for Chishill, hitting 52 in a total of 85 all out, with little support from his team mates - all of whom failed to reach double figures.
Despite restricting the hosts to 119, with three wickets apiece for Oliver Stoop and captain Angus Gent, their work was undone thanks largely to some lacklustre batting.
The second team also lost their match, with Stapleford setting a 268-run target courtesy of a first wicket stand of 155 between Simon and Andrew Bishop.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill had to settle for bonus points, with only captain Gary Wright (33) and Terry Manning causing Stapleford any problems to take their team to 130-8.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre