Chishill progress in Creake Shield
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0 GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts. Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle. Dan Manning wa
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0
GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts.
Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle.
Dan Manning was the hero, unleashing a 30-yard free-kick which took a slight deflection before nestling in the top corner of the net.
The visitors then had very few chances in the first half as Chishill defended strongly.
The second half saw the visitors come out much the stronger team and dominated possession for large parts of the game.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Still, it was the home side which created the better chances with Alex Porter's runs up front causing problems and he saw a good shot from the edge of the box saved by the keeper while Swifts' best chances came from dead ball situations.
Chishill grabbed a second when Tom Hodge nodded the ball down for fellow substitute Gary Radford to fire into the roof of the net from the edge of the box.
Swifts didn't cave in though and hit a post near the end, but it was Chishill who edged through.