Chishill progress in Creake Shield
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0 GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts. Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle. Dan Manning wa
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0
GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts.
Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle.
Dan Manning was the hero, unleashing a 30-yard free-kick which took a slight deflection before nestling in the top corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors then had very few chances in the first half as Chishill defended strongly.
The second half saw the visitors come out much the stronger team and dominated possession for large parts of the game.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
Still, it was the home side which created the better chances with Alex Porter's runs up front causing problems and he saw a good shot from the edge of the box saved by the keeper while Swifts' best chances came from dead ball situations.
Chishill grabbed a second when Tom Hodge nodded the ball down for fellow substitute Gary Radford to fire into the roof of the net from the edge of the box.
Swifts didn't cave in though and hit a post near the end, but it was Chishill who edged through.