Chishill progress in Creake Shield
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0 GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts. Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle. Dan Manning wa
Great Chishill 2 Burwell Swifts 0
GREAT Chishill progressed to the second round of the Creake Shield with a hard-fought win over Burwell Swifts.
Swifts enjoyed a good early spell but a goal after 20 minutes for the hosts helped them settle.
Dan Manning was the hero, unleashing a 30-yard free-kick which took a slight deflection before nestling in the top corner of the net.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors then had very few chances in the first half as Chishill defended strongly.
The second half saw the visitors come out much the stronger team and dominated possession for large parts of the game.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Still, it was the home side which created the better chances with Alex Porter's runs up front causing problems and he saw a good shot from the edge of the box saved by the keeper while Swifts' best chances came from dead ball situations.
Chishill grabbed a second when Tom Hodge nodded the ball down for fellow substitute Gary Radford to fire into the roof of the net from the edge of the box.
Swifts didn't cave in though and hit a post near the end, but it was Chishill who edged through.