Chishill outgunned as Thaxted crack six
Thaxted 6 Great Chishill 2 FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted. The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilli
Great Chishill 2
FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted.
The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilliant 25-yard volley.
Ian Gallagher was on full alert to prevent Thaxted from going further ahead with a number of good saves, while Gary Radford went close to pulling a goal back with one powerful effort.
The deficit however, was reduced when Jonathan Drury turned in the box and fired a low shot into the corner of the Thaxted net.
- 1 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
Unfortunately for the visitors, Thaxted then hit back with two more quick goals.
Despite the intense pressure they were under, Great Chishill kept battling and pulled another goal back through Chris Butler's low 20-yard strike.
After the break, both teams knew the next goal would be vital, with Chishill looking to claw their way back into the game.
However, it was the hosts who pounced first with a Thaxted striker beating the offside trap and rolling the ball home.
A sixth Thaxted goal rubbed salt into the Chishill wounds.
But despite putting up a brave fight, Chishill never looked like getting back in the game, with Thaxted finishing deserved winners.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Lombari, Dunsden, Wilson; Butler, E Drury, Warren, Bennett, Radford; J Drury. (Subs): Wiltshire, Porter.