Chishill outgunned as Thaxted crack six
Thaxted 6 Great Chishill 2 FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted. The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilli
Great Chishill 2
FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted.
The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilliant 25-yard volley.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Gallagher was on full alert to prevent Thaxted from going further ahead with a number of good saves, while Gary Radford went close to pulling a goal back with one powerful effort.
The deficit however, was reduced when Jonathan Drury turned in the box and fired a low shot into the corner of the Thaxted net.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Unfortunately for the visitors, Thaxted then hit back with two more quick goals.
Despite the intense pressure they were under, Great Chishill kept battling and pulled another goal back through Chris Butler's low 20-yard strike.
After the break, both teams knew the next goal would be vital, with Chishill looking to claw their way back into the game.
However, it was the hosts who pounced first with a Thaxted striker beating the offside trap and rolling the ball home.
A sixth Thaxted goal rubbed salt into the Chishill wounds.
But despite putting up a brave fight, Chishill never looked like getting back in the game, with Thaxted finishing deserved winners.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Lombari, Dunsden, Wilson; Butler, E Drury, Warren, Bennett, Radford; J Drury. (Subs): Wiltshire, Porter.