Chishill outgunned as Thaxted crack six
Thaxted 6 Great Chishill 2 FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted. The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilli
Great Chishill 2
FAILING to recover from their poor start, Great Chishill were outmuscled and outplayed and eventually went down 6-2 at Thaxted.
The home side raced into a two-goal lead within just five minutes, the second of which was a brilliant 25-yard volley.
You may also want to watch:
Ian Gallagher was on full alert to prevent Thaxted from going further ahead with a number of good saves, while Gary Radford went close to pulling a goal back with one powerful effort.
The deficit however, was reduced when Jonathan Drury turned in the box and fired a low shot into the corner of the Thaxted net.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Unfortunately for the visitors, Thaxted then hit back with two more quick goals.
Despite the intense pressure they were under, Great Chishill kept battling and pulled another goal back through Chris Butler's low 20-yard strike.
After the break, both teams knew the next goal would be vital, with Chishill looking to claw their way back into the game.
However, it was the hosts who pounced first with a Thaxted striker beating the offside trap and rolling the ball home.
A sixth Thaxted goal rubbed salt into the Chishill wounds.
But despite putting up a brave fight, Chishill never looked like getting back in the game, with Thaxted finishing deserved winners.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Lombari, Dunsden, Wilson; Butler, E Drury, Warren, Bennett, Radford; J Drury. (Subs): Wiltshire, Porter.