Chishill miss out on cup final
March Town Res 2 Great Chishill 0
GREAT CHISHILL were knocked out of the Junior Cup semi final on Sunday after defeat against March Town Reserves.
A poor first half cost Chishill a place in the cup final as March punished early mistakes. The first division team were quicker out of the blocks and took the lead when a low shot from the edge of the box squeezed its way past Andy Knight.
Minutes later the visitors failed to deal with an attack down the right and a low cross was turned home to make it 2-0 inside half an hour, with Chishill only having a couple of blocked shots in response.
The second half was a different story, and Chishill could have turned the game on its head in the first 15 minutes. Ali Porter’s pace was causing problems down the right and it was his cross-shot that brought the first real test for March’s ‘keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Gareth Edey then curled a shot onto the post, before Porter grazed the bar with a towering header.
More chances came for Chishill, with Jonathan Drury forcing the ‘keeper into a brilliant finger-tip save. Town were still a threat on the counter attack and might have made sure of their victory with a couple of good chances going to waste. But in the end it was Chishill who were left to rue bad luck in front of goal as March progressed to the final.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Chishill: Knight, Guerrero, Hicks, Saward, Gardiner, Porter, E Drury, Smith, Boulter, Edey, J Drury. Subs: Miller, Bennett.