Chishill miss out on cup final
March Town Res 2 Great Chishill 0
GREAT CHISHILL were knocked out of the Junior Cup semi final on Sunday after defeat against March Town Reserves.
A poor first half cost Chishill a place in the cup final as March punished early mistakes. The first division team were quicker out of the blocks and took the lead when a low shot from the edge of the box squeezed its way past Andy Knight.
Minutes later the visitors failed to deal with an attack down the right and a low cross was turned home to make it 2-0 inside half an hour, with Chishill only having a couple of blocked shots in response.
The second half was a different story, and Chishill could have turned the game on its head in the first 15 minutes. Ali Porter’s pace was causing problems down the right and it was his cross-shot that brought the first real test for March’s ‘keeper.
Gareth Edey then curled a shot onto the post, before Porter grazed the bar with a towering header.
More chances came for Chishill, with Jonathan Drury forcing the ‘keeper into a brilliant finger-tip save. Town were still a threat on the counter attack and might have made sure of their victory with a couple of good chances going to waste. But in the end it was Chishill who were left to rue bad luck in front of goal as March progressed to the final.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
Chishill: Knight, Guerrero, Hicks, Saward, Gardiner, Porter, E Drury, Smith, Boulter, Edey, J Drury. Subs: Miller, Bennett.