Chishill lose ground in promotion bid
GREAT Chishill dropped out of the promotion places in Senior League Division 3 following their second defeat by bottom club Little Downham. Chishill had restricted the hosts to180 in just over 40 overs, with 14-year-old Adam Wright the pick of the bowle
GREAT Chishill dropped out of the promotion places in Senior League Division 3 following their second defeat by bottom club
Chishill had restricted the hosts to180 in just over 40 overs, with 14-year-old Adam Wright the pick of the bowlers.
Guy Musson also impressed and he too played his part with some solid support with the ball.
You may also want to watch:
In reply, Chishill got off to a faltering start and it was Wright who eventually hit their top score of 25 not out by forming a partnership alongside his father Gary.
This nevertheless proved all in vain as the visitors were dismissed for a paltry 148, coming off very much second best and casting nervous glances at the chasing pack behind them in what has turned out to be a very tight division.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
GREAT Chishill seconds received a boost in their battle against relegation beating Whittlesford, one of their main rivals in the fight against the drop, by four wickets. Richard Brunt was the Chishill hero, keeping his calm to reach a valuable 54 adding 62 with Martin Sorrell who compiled a precious 18.
Mike Harris then secured maximum points a deserved Chishill with his rapid 23 seeing the hosts home.