Chishill lose ground in promotion bid
GREAT Chishill dropped out of the promotion places in Senior League Division 3 following their second defeat by bottom club Little Downham. Chishill had restricted the hosts to180 in just over 40 overs, with 14-year-old Adam Wright the pick of the bowle
GREAT Chishill dropped out of the promotion places in Senior League Division 3 following their second defeat by bottom club
Chishill had restricted the hosts to180 in just over 40 overs, with 14-year-old Adam Wright the pick of the bowlers.
Guy Musson also impressed and he too played his part with some solid support with the ball.
In reply, Chishill got off to a faltering start and it was Wright who eventually hit their top score of 25 not out by forming a partnership alongside his father Gary.
This nevertheless proved all in vain as the visitors were dismissed for a paltry 148, coming off very much second best and casting nervous glances at the chasing pack behind them in what has turned out to be a very tight division.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 4 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 5 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 6 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 9 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 10 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
GREAT Chishill seconds received a boost in their battle against relegation beating Whittlesford, one of their main rivals in the fight against the drop, by four wickets. Richard Brunt was the Chishill hero, keeping his calm to reach a valuable 54 adding 62 with Martin Sorrell who compiled a precious 18.
Mike Harris then secured maximum points a deserved Chishill with his rapid 23 seeing the hosts home.