Chishill late rally proves all in vain
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3 FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth. Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the ini
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3
FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth.
Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the initial stages with both Chris Butler and Steve McGee going close.
However, despite being in control, Chishill faced a difficult test when Papworth doubled their lead, after Ian Gallagher slipped in the Chishill goal and allowed the visitors in for an easy strike.
In the second half, Chishill again came out strongly as they looked to turn the game around, and they were immediately rewarded when Stuart Hulks reduced the deficit with a brilliant curling shot.
The home side then saw one effort cleared off the line, and another rattle the bar, before Papworth made a rare break forward and hit Chishill with a third.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 4 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 5 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 6 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 7 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
The hosts pushed players forward in search of another and with minutes on the clock Gary Radford fired home following a fumble by the Papworth keeper.
As Chishill laid siege to the visitors' goal, substitute Derry Warren unsettled Papworth with his aerial power as they went close for a leveller.
However, a Chishill equaliser proved elusive and Papworth held on for the three points.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Saward, Dunsden, Bennett; Radford, E Drury, Hulks, Fitzgerald; Butler, McGee. (Subs): Burrows, Little, Warren.