Chishill late rally proves all in vain
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3 FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth. Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the ini
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3
FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth.
Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the initial stages with both Chris Butler and Steve McGee going close.
However, despite being in control, Chishill faced a difficult test when Papworth doubled their lead, after Ian Gallagher slipped in the Chishill goal and allowed the visitors in for an easy strike.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Chishill again came out strongly as they looked to turn the game around, and they were immediately rewarded when Stuart Hulks reduced the deficit with a brilliant curling shot.
The home side then saw one effort cleared off the line, and another rattle the bar, before Papworth made a rare break forward and hit Chishill with a third.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
The hosts pushed players forward in search of another and with minutes on the clock Gary Radford fired home following a fumble by the Papworth keeper.
As Chishill laid siege to the visitors' goal, substitute Derry Warren unsettled Papworth with his aerial power as they went close for a leveller.
However, a Chishill equaliser proved elusive and Papworth held on for the three points.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Saward, Dunsden, Bennett; Radford, E Drury, Hulks, Fitzgerald; Butler, McGee. (Subs): Burrows, Little, Warren.