Chishill late rally proves all in vain
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3 FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth. Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the ini
Great Chishill 2 Papworth 3
FOR the second week running, Great Chishill failed to take advantage of some bright play and slipped to a disappointing home defeat to Papworth.
Despite conceding an early goal, the hosts responded well, and dominated the initial stages with both Chris Butler and Steve McGee going close.
However, despite being in control, Chishill faced a difficult test when Papworth doubled their lead, after Ian Gallagher slipped in the Chishill goal and allowed the visitors in for an easy strike.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, Chishill again came out strongly as they looked to turn the game around, and they were immediately rewarded when Stuart Hulks reduced the deficit with a brilliant curling shot.
The home side then saw one effort cleared off the line, and another rattle the bar, before Papworth made a rare break forward and hit Chishill with a third.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
The hosts pushed players forward in search of another and with minutes on the clock Gary Radford fired home following a fumble by the Papworth keeper.
As Chishill laid siege to the visitors' goal, substitute Derry Warren unsettled Papworth with his aerial power as they went close for a leveller.
However, a Chishill equaliser proved elusive and Papworth held on for the three points.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Saward, Dunsden, Bennett; Radford, E Drury, Hulks, Fitzgerald; Butler, McGee. (Subs): Burrows, Little, Warren.