Chishill kids not quite ready
Great Chishill 137-8 lost to Chatteris Town 138-4 by six wickets WITH Senior League cricket assured for next season, Great Chishill opted to give all of their young players a taste of higher-level cricket. A modest total of 137-8 was illuminated by the p
Great Chishill 137-8 lost to Chatteris Town 138-4 by six wickets
WITH Senior League cricket assured for next season, Great Chishill opted to give all of their young players a taste of higher-level cricket.
A modest total of 137-8 was illuminated by the performance of Tom Picton-Turbervill, the talented 13-year-old making an assured 57 against Chatteris Town.
The hosts had no real problems in reaching their target, but Picton-Turbervill's leg-spin and the seam bowling of James Tilbury caused a few alarms before Chatteris finished on 138-4.
In Division 4C, Great Chishill II saw their slim hopes of promotion fade away as they lost in a tight finish against Linton II.
Jason Coombs hit his maiden half-century for the home side and Steve Gardner crashed 47 as Chishill set a respectable total of 171.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Despite Ed Hanson recovering to finish with figures of 3-35, Linton won in the penultimate over with a fine undefeated 60 from Daniel Pass seeing them to victory.