Chishill kids not quite ready
Great Chishill 137-8 lost to Chatteris Town 138-4 by six wickets WITH Senior League cricket assured for next season, Great Chishill opted to give all of their young players a taste of higher-level cricket. A modest total of 137-8 was illuminated by the p
Great Chishill 137-8 lost to Chatteris Town 138-4 by six wickets
WITH Senior League cricket assured for next season, Great Chishill opted to give all of their young players a taste of higher-level cricket.
A modest total of 137-8 was illuminated by the performance of Tom Picton-Turbervill, the talented 13-year-old making an assured 57 against Chatteris Town.
The hosts had no real problems in reaching their target, but Picton-Turbervill's leg-spin and the seam bowling of James Tilbury caused a few alarms before Chatteris finished on 138-4.
You may also want to watch:
In Division 4C, Great Chishill II saw their slim hopes of promotion fade away as they lost in a tight finish against Linton II.
Jason Coombs hit his maiden half-century for the home side and Steve Gardner crashed 47 as Chishill set a respectable total of 171.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
Despite Ed Hanson recovering to finish with figures of 3-35, Linton won in the penultimate over with a fine undefeated 60 from Daniel Pass seeing them to victory.