Chishill keep up great form
CHISHILL S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday. The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon. Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and anoth
CHISHILL'S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday.
The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon.
Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and another opportunity headed over when it looked easier to score.
At the other end, Gary Radford's header did little to trouble the keeper, while Oli Gardiner's goal-bound shot was blocked in the nick of time.
The start of the second half saw little change, but the visitors took the lead on the hour when Elliot Drury played in Radford who cut the ball back for Jonathan Drury to smash a half volley through the keeper's legs.
After the goal, the visitors offered little in response, with Chishill comfortably dealing with the main threat from long balls.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 4 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Bringing sunshine to our NHS - charity launches match funding to double money
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
Jono Drury had another effort blocked on the line and Peter Jackson saw a 20-yard shot dip just over the crossbar, but in the end the solitary goal was enough for Chishill, who are now unbeaten in six.
Chishill: Knight; R Drury, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell; Gardiner, E Drury, Smith, Jackson; Radford, J Drury
Subs: Reynolds, Hodge.