Chishill keep up great form
CHISHILL S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday. The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon. Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and anoth
CHISHILL'S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday.
The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon.
Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and another opportunity headed over when it looked easier to score.
At the other end, Gary Radford's header did little to trouble the keeper, while Oli Gardiner's goal-bound shot was blocked in the nick of time.
You may also want to watch:
The start of the second half saw little change, but the visitors took the lead on the hour when Elliot Drury played in Radford who cut the ball back for Jonathan Drury to smash a half volley through the keeper's legs.
After the goal, the visitors offered little in response, with Chishill comfortably dealing with the main threat from long balls.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
Jono Drury had another effort blocked on the line and Peter Jackson saw a 20-yard shot dip just over the crossbar, but in the end the solitary goal was enough for Chishill, who are now unbeaten in six.
Chishill: Knight; R Drury, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell; Gardiner, E Drury, Smith, Jackson; Radford, J Drury
Subs: Reynolds, Hodge.