Chishill keep up great form
CHISHILL S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday. The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon. Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and anoth
CHISHILL'S good run of form continued as they won a closely fought contest at Papworth on Saturday.
The opening exchanges were tight with few chances for both teams on a sun-drenched afternoon.
Papworth saw a close-range shot roll inches wide and another opportunity headed over when it looked easier to score.
At the other end, Gary Radford's header did little to trouble the keeper, while Oli Gardiner's goal-bound shot was blocked in the nick of time.
You may also want to watch:
The start of the second half saw little change, but the visitors took the lead on the hour when Elliot Drury played in Radford who cut the ball back for Jonathan Drury to smash a half volley through the keeper's legs.
After the goal, the visitors offered little in response, with Chishill comfortably dealing with the main threat from long balls.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Jono Drury had another effort blocked on the line and Peter Jackson saw a 20-yard shot dip just over the crossbar, but in the end the solitary goal was enough for Chishill, who are now unbeaten in six.
Chishill: Knight; R Drury, Bennett, Saward, Bramwell; Gardiner, E Drury, Smith, Jackson; Radford, J Drury
Subs: Reynolds, Hodge.