Chishill inflict first defeat of the season on Royston Town ‘A’
Great Chishill 1 Royston Town ‘A’ 0
GREAT CHISHILL came out on top in a tense derby on Saturday.
After a brutal opening 20 minutes which saw bookings awarded to both teams, it was Chishill who came closest to scoring when Gary Radford struck the woodwork after outpacing the defence while Elliot Drury also had a 20-yard free-kick go an inch wide of the post.
The relentless pace of the game continued after the break and Chishill made the breakthrough when Radford bravely got on the end of a through ball ahead of the defender and goalkeeper to poke the ball home from inside the box.
With a team depleted by injuries, Chishill had to withstand a barrage of Royston attacks, but goalkeeper Andy Knight was rarely called into action.
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s task was made harder with the dismissal of Kerry Chaffey for a late challenge on George Kew with 15 minutes left and Chishill had several good chances in the closing minutes to seal the game.
However, the solitary goal was enough to secure a well-deserved win and inflict the first league defeat of the season on Royston.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
Great Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Saward, Bennett, Gardiner, Kew, Drury, Smith, Miller, Tidey, Radford.