Chishill hit Wilbraham for six
Great Chishill 6 Wilbraham 1
GREAT Chishill cruised to a comfortable win against bottom side Wilbraham despite taking a while to get going.
The visitors piled on early pressure and Chishill were becoming frustrated as they saw most of their early moves break down. But they got themselves ahead after 25 minutes when Lee Smith chipped the defence and Matt Miller finished coolly low past the ‘keeper.
Smith ensured an easier half time team talk adding a second just before the break, converting Louis Boulter’s cross with a diving header.
Boulter was the provider again early in the second half as he fed a pass through to Jonathan Drury who found the bottom corner with his right foot.
Shortly after, a deep cross found Nick Bramwell who despatched a half volley back across the keeper to make it four with 20 minutes left.
Wilbraham headed home a free kick to deny the hosts a clean sheet, but a rout remained on the cards when substitute Oli Fisher pounced on some sloppy defending to set up Smith for his second.
- 1 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 2 Three dogs including pregnant Jack Russell stolen from Wimpole kennels
- 3 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 4 MP visits Royston lab to learn about local success story
- 5 Royston children encouraged to write to the Queen
- 6 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 7 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 8 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 9 Strictly for Charity fundraising event gets people's toes tapping for Home-Start
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Smith then completed his hat-trick on the last few minutes with a powerful header from a right wing cross.
Chishill: Knight, Guerrero, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Boulter, E Drury, J Drury, Bramwell, Smith, Miller. Subs: Fisher, Graver, Hicks.