Chishill hit Wilbraham for six
Great Chishill 6 Wilbraham 1
GREAT Chishill cruised to a comfortable win against bottom side Wilbraham despite taking a while to get going.
The visitors piled on early pressure and Chishill were becoming frustrated as they saw most of their early moves break down. But they got themselves ahead after 25 minutes when Lee Smith chipped the defence and Matt Miller finished coolly low past the ‘keeper.
Smith ensured an easier half time team talk adding a second just before the break, converting Louis Boulter’s cross with a diving header.
Boulter was the provider again early in the second half as he fed a pass through to Jonathan Drury who found the bottom corner with his right foot.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after, a deep cross found Nick Bramwell who despatched a half volley back across the keeper to make it four with 20 minutes left.
Wilbraham headed home a free kick to deny the hosts a clean sheet, but a rout remained on the cards when substitute Oli Fisher pounced on some sloppy defending to set up Smith for his second.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Smith then completed his hat-trick on the last few minutes with a powerful header from a right wing cross.
Chishill: Knight, Guerrero, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Boulter, E Drury, J Drury, Bramwell, Smith, Miller. Subs: Fisher, Graver, Hicks.