Chishill hit Wilbraham for six
Great Chishill 6 Wilbraham 1
GREAT Chishill cruised to a comfortable win against bottom side Wilbraham despite taking a while to get going.
The visitors piled on early pressure and Chishill were becoming frustrated as they saw most of their early moves break down. But they got themselves ahead after 25 minutes when Lee Smith chipped the defence and Matt Miller finished coolly low past the ‘keeper.
Smith ensured an easier half time team talk adding a second just before the break, converting Louis Boulter’s cross with a diving header.
Boulter was the provider again early in the second half as he fed a pass through to Jonathan Drury who found the bottom corner with his right foot.
You may also want to watch:
Shortly after, a deep cross found Nick Bramwell who despatched a half volley back across the keeper to make it four with 20 minutes left.
Wilbraham headed home a free kick to deny the hosts a clean sheet, but a rout remained on the cards when substitute Oli Fisher pounced on some sloppy defending to set up Smith for his second.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Smith then completed his hat-trick on the last few minutes with a powerful header from a right wing cross.
Chishill: Knight, Guerrero, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Boulter, E Drury, J Drury, Bramwell, Smith, Miller. Subs: Fisher, Graver, Hicks.