Chishill get back to winning ways
Great Chishill 3 City Life 2
GREAT CHISHILL responded to last week’s disappointing result at Wilbraham by beating league-leaders City Life.
After a cagey start, the hosts took the lead when Elliot Drury’s corner was deflected into the net via a defender.
City Life responded well, though, by playing some neat football and braking through to equalise before half time.
Chishill stepped up a gear in the second half and created the better of the chances, with Gary Radford causing problems up front. It was his pace that brought the second goal when he was brought down in the area before Lee Smith slotted home from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
City Life were not beaten yet, though, and equalised from the spot after George Kew was harshly penalised.
Connor Tidey went close to finding the winner with a 20-yard shot just wide of the post.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
However, it was Radford who deservedly claimed the winner after running on to a throughball and beating his marker before firing low past the goalkeeper.
Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Kew, Drury, Smith, Miller, Radford, Tidey.