Chishill get back to winning ways
Great Chishill 3 City Life 2
GREAT CHISHILL responded to last week’s disappointing result at Wilbraham by beating league-leaders City Life.
After a cagey start, the hosts took the lead when Elliot Drury’s corner was deflected into the net via a defender.
City Life responded well, though, by playing some neat football and braking through to equalise before half time.
Chishill stepped up a gear in the second half and created the better of the chances, with Gary Radford causing problems up front. It was his pace that brought the second goal when he was brought down in the area before Lee Smith slotted home from the spot.
You may also want to watch:
City Life were not beaten yet, though, and equalised from the spot after George Kew was harshly penalised.
Connor Tidey went close to finding the winner with a 20-yard shot just wide of the post.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
However, it was Radford who deservedly claimed the winner after running on to a throughball and beating his marker before firing low past the goalkeeper.
Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Kew, Drury, Smith, Miller, Radford, Tidey.