Chishill get back to winning ways
Great Chishill 3 City Life 2
GREAT CHISHILL responded to last week’s disappointing result at Wilbraham by beating league-leaders City Life.
After a cagey start, the hosts took the lead when Elliot Drury’s corner was deflected into the net via a defender.
City Life responded well, though, by playing some neat football and braking through to equalise before half time.
Chishill stepped up a gear in the second half and created the better of the chances, with Gary Radford causing problems up front. It was his pace that brought the second goal when he was brought down in the area before Lee Smith slotted home from the spot.
City Life were not beaten yet, though, and equalised from the spot after George Kew was harshly penalised.
Connor Tidey went close to finding the winner with a 20-yard shot just wide of the post.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 2 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
- 3 Let's go fly a kite as festival returns after two years
- 4 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 5 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 Firefighters tackle large blaze in field in Guilden Morden
- 8 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 9 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 10 20 Ukrainian medical students begin placements at Addenbrooke’s
However, it was Radford who deservedly claimed the winner after running on to a throughball and beating his marker before firing low past the goalkeeper.
Chishill: Knight, Hicks, Bennett, Saward, Gardiner, Kew, Drury, Smith, Miller, Radford, Tidey.