Chishill fight back counts for nothing
Great Chishill 2 RHS United 3
GREAT CHISHILL were denied a draw after fighting back from two goals down when they conceded a winner with the last kick of the game.
RHS had edged in front on the stroke of half time with a fine angled strike that flew in the top corner.
Both sides had created good chances with the hosts seeing shots from Elliot Drury and Gary Radford drift just wide of the post as they attempted to get themselves back into the match.
The opening goal gave the visitors confidence in the early stages of the second half and they doubled their lead with a close-range strike after a good passing build up.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill gradually got their game together again and when Lee Smith tore through United’s defence with a surging run and it took a desperate foul to stop him, and he picked himself up to score the penalty.
Then, with five minutes remaining, a long free kick found its way through United’s defence and Gary Radford finished smartly to level the scores.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
But it mattered little because in the last minute Chishill failed to deal with a free kick themselves and the ball was bundled over the line to give United the points and break Chishill hearts after staging a brilliant fight back.
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Saward, Hicks, Gardiner, Miller, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Radford, Tidey.
Subs: Hammond, Jackson, Porter.