Chishill fight back counts for nothing
Great Chishill 2 RHS United 3
GREAT CHISHILL were denied a draw after fighting back from two goals down when they conceded a winner with the last kick of the game.
RHS had edged in front on the stroke of half time with a fine angled strike that flew in the top corner.
Both sides had created good chances with the hosts seeing shots from Elliot Drury and Gary Radford drift just wide of the post as they attempted to get themselves back into the match.
The opening goal gave the visitors confidence in the early stages of the second half and they doubled their lead with a close-range strike after a good passing build up.
You may also want to watch:
Chishill gradually got their game together again and when Lee Smith tore through United’s defence with a surging run and it took a desperate foul to stop him, and he picked himself up to score the penalty.
Then, with five minutes remaining, a long free kick found its way through United’s defence and Gary Radford finished smartly to level the scores.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 6 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
But it mattered little because in the last minute Chishill failed to deal with a free kick themselves and the ball was bundled over the line to give United the points and break Chishill hearts after staging a brilliant fight back.
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Saward, Hicks, Gardiner, Miller, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Radford, Tidey.
Subs: Hammond, Jackson, Porter.