Chishill fight back counts for nothing
Great Chishill 2 RHS United 3
GREAT CHISHILL were denied a draw after fighting back from two goals down when they conceded a winner with the last kick of the game.
RHS had edged in front on the stroke of half time with a fine angled strike that flew in the top corner.
Both sides had created good chances with the hosts seeing shots from Elliot Drury and Gary Radford drift just wide of the post as they attempted to get themselves back into the match.
The opening goal gave the visitors confidence in the early stages of the second half and they doubled their lead with a close-range strike after a good passing build up.
Chishill gradually got their game together again and when Lee Smith tore through United’s defence with a surging run and it took a desperate foul to stop him, and he picked himself up to score the penalty.
Then, with five minutes remaining, a long free kick found its way through United’s defence and Gary Radford finished smartly to level the scores.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
But it mattered little because in the last minute Chishill failed to deal with a free kick themselves and the ball was bundled over the line to give United the points and break Chishill hearts after staging a brilliant fight back.
Chishill: Knight, Kew, Saward, Hicks, Gardiner, Miller, Drury, Smith, Boulter, Radford, Tidey.
Subs: Hammond, Jackson, Porter.