Chishill ease relegation worries
Great Chishill 3 Thaxted Rangers 1 GREAT Chishill edged away from the BIS 2A relegation battle with a fine 3-1 victory against promotion chasing Thaxted. The visitors did get their noses in front with a well-taken opener after just four minutes, with a
Great Chishill 3 Thaxted Rangers 1
GREAT Chishill edged away from the BIS 2A relegation battle with a fine 3-1 victory against promotion chasing Thaxted.
The visitors did get their noses in front with a well-taken opener after just four minutes, with a low shot from the edge of the box beating Ian Gallagher.
Chishill responded well though, and drew level when Stuart Hulks squeezed the ball home from a tight angle.
You may also want to watch:
Much of the first half was an even affair, although Steve McGee almost put the hosts in front with a curling free kick.
Moments into the second half, McGee did make the difference when he latched on to Gallagher's long clearance and volleyed the ball past the stranded Thaxted keeper.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
The visitors responded with a spell of close possession, and Chishill had Elliot Drury to thank for blocking one clear Thaxted chance on the line.
With 20 minutes left Chishill were awarded a penalty when Hulks was fouled in the box, and although McGee's resulting kick was saved, substitute Gary Radford followed up to make it 3-1.
Great Chishill: Gallagher; R Drury, Gardiner, Saward, Bramwell; Warren, Bennett, E Drury, Hulks; McGee, J Drury. (Subs): Butler, Wilson, Radford.