Chishill duo sink Cokenach
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions. Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165. Skipper Angus Gen
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions.
Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165.
Skipper Angus Gent then continued to exploit a rich seam of form to hit an undefeated 57 - his fifth half-ton of the season.
The pair helped guide Chishill to a seven-wicket win that puts a firm hold on the top spot in the division.
You may also want to watch:
n GREAT Chishill's second team reached a respectable 143-7 against Royston seconds at Therfield with captain Gary Wright playing a commanding innings of 42.
Chishill's young bowling attack of 13-year-old Adam Wright and 12-year-old Christopher Sorrell then took twowickets each.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
However, it was the introduction of Don Chilton that sealed the home side's fate, and his devastating spell of 4-5 off four overs, including two maidens, dismissed Royston for just 75.
WEEKEND FIXTURES: Saturday: Royston v March II, Ashwell v Steeple Morden, Aspenden Standon & Puckeridge v Bengeo, Reed II v Hatfield Crusaders, Buntingford II v Matching Green II, Welwyn Garden City II v Reed, Great Gaddesden v Reed III, Cambourne v Royston II, Sandridge v Baldock, Camden II v Thriplow, Thriplow III v Babraham III