Chishill duo sink Cokenach
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions. Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165. Skipper Angus Gen
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions.
Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165.
Skipper Angus Gent then continued to exploit a rich seam of form to hit an undefeated 57 - his fifth half-ton of the season.
The pair helped guide Chishill to a seven-wicket win that puts a firm hold on the top spot in the division.
You may also want to watch:
n GREAT Chishill's second team reached a respectable 143-7 against Royston seconds at Therfield with captain Gary Wright playing a commanding innings of 42.
Chishill's young bowling attack of 13-year-old Adam Wright and 12-year-old Christopher Sorrell then took twowickets each.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
However, it was the introduction of Don Chilton that sealed the home side's fate, and his devastating spell of 4-5 off four overs, including two maidens, dismissed Royston for just 75.
WEEKEND FIXTURES: Saturday: Royston v March II, Ashwell v Steeple Morden, Aspenden Standon & Puckeridge v Bengeo, Reed II v Hatfield Crusaders, Buntingford II v Matching Green II, Welwyn Garden City II v Reed, Great Gaddesden v Reed III, Cambourne v Royston II, Sandridge v Baldock, Camden II v Thriplow, Thriplow III v Babraham III