Chishill duo sink Cokenach
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions. Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165. Skipper Angus Gen
TWO outstanding performances with the bat and ball saw Great Chishill defeat neighbours Cokenach in Division 1S despite the difficult conditions.
Steve Gardner returned figures of 5-25 off his 10 overs to restrict the visitors to 165.
Skipper Angus Gent then continued to exploit a rich seam of form to hit an undefeated 57 - his fifth half-ton of the season.
The pair helped guide Chishill to a seven-wicket win that puts a firm hold on the top spot in the division.
n GREAT Chishill's second team reached a respectable 143-7 against Royston seconds at Therfield with captain Gary Wright playing a commanding innings of 42.
Chishill's young bowling attack of 13-year-old Adam Wright and 12-year-old Christopher Sorrell then took twowickets each.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 7 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 8 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 9 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
However, it was the introduction of Don Chilton that sealed the home side's fate, and his devastating spell of 4-5 off four overs, including two maidens, dismissed Royston for just 75.
WEEKEND FIXTURES: Saturday: Royston v March II, Ashwell v Steeple Morden, Aspenden Standon & Puckeridge v Bengeo, Reed II v Hatfield Crusaders, Buntingford II v Matching Green II, Welwyn Garden City II v Reed, Great Gaddesden v Reed III, Cambourne v Royston II, Sandridge v Baldock, Camden II v Thriplow, Thriplow III v Babraham III