Chishill come unstuck against Wilbraham
Great Chishill 2 Wilbraham 4 GREAT Chishill failed to take their Creake Shield form of last week into the Junior Cup with a poor display against Wilbraham. They were behind within a minute when a long ball was not dealt with and the visitors burst through
Great Chishill 2 Wilbraham 4
GREAT Chishill failed to take their Creake Shield form of last week into the Junior Cup with a poor display against Wilbraham.
They were behind within a minute when a long ball was not dealt with and the visitors burst through to take the lead, and this early goal gave Wilbraham the confidence to dominate for the next 20 minutes.
Chishill were denied a chance to equalise when Gareth Edey was brought down in the area only for the referee to deem the challenge legitimate, and to make things worse for the hosts Wilbraham doubled their lead before half time with a long range lob.
Chishill looked lively after the break but the game was over as a contest when Wilbraham caught them on the break to add a third. They then grabbed a fourth from the penalty spot.
Chishill, however, finished strongly with Ali Porter curling in a consolation direct from a corner.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
James Bennett then hit the crossbar with a powerful header before young debutant Adam Wright stabbed home another Porter corner at the near post.
Sadly for Chishill, the damage had already been done.
Chishill: G Wright, R Drury, Bennett, Gardiner, Bramwell, Jackson, E Drury, J Hodge, J Drury, Edey, Radford. Subs: T Hodge, Porter, A Wright.