Chishill cause shock in Shield
Creake Shield Steeple Bumpstead 0 Great Chishill 2 GREAT Chishill caused an upset in the Creake Shield as they overcame First Division opponents Steeple Bumpstead. Although the hosts movement caused problems at the start, Chishill were not intimidate
Steeple Bumpstead 0
Great Chishill 2
GREAT Chishill caused an upset in the Creake Shield as they overcame First Division opponents Steeple Bumpstead.
You may also want to watch:
Although the hosts' movement caused problems at the start, Chishill were not intimidated, playing some neat passing football and coming close to scoring with a Jon Hodge effort.
The scores remained level at half time but the visitors went ahead early in the second half when Gary Radford's chipped cross eluded the Bumpstead goalkeeper and dropped into the far corner.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Steeple missed their best opportunity soon after, their striker somehow clearing the crossbar from three yards.
Radford punished their wastefulness when he rounded the 'keeper to score from a tight angle for his and Chishill's second.
Steeple threw everything at their Division Two opponents but the back four, marshalled superbly by Colin Saward and James Bennett, and goalkeeper Russ Drury, were equal to everything.
Jonathan Drury had a header cleared off the line at the other end but it did not matter as Chishill progressed to the next round.
Chishill: R Drury; Gardiner, Saward, Bennett, Bramwell; Jackson, E Drury, Hodge, J Drury; Radford, Edey. Subs: Porter, Williams.