Chishill cause shock in Shield
Creake Shield Steeple Bumpstead 0 Great Chishill 2 GREAT Chishill caused an upset in the Creake Shield as they overcame First Division opponents Steeple Bumpstead. Although the hosts movement caused problems at the start, Chishill were not intimidate
Steeple Bumpstead 0
Great Chishill 2
GREAT Chishill caused an upset in the Creake Shield as they overcame First Division opponents Steeple Bumpstead.
You may also want to watch:
Although the hosts' movement caused problems at the start, Chishill were not intimidated, playing some neat passing football and coming close to scoring with a Jon Hodge effort.
The scores remained level at half time but the visitors went ahead early in the second half when Gary Radford's chipped cross eluded the Bumpstead goalkeeper and dropped into the far corner.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
Steeple missed their best opportunity soon after, their striker somehow clearing the crossbar from three yards.
Radford punished their wastefulness when he rounded the 'keeper to score from a tight angle for his and Chishill's second.
Steeple threw everything at their Division Two opponents but the back four, marshalled superbly by Colin Saward and James Bennett, and goalkeeper Russ Drury, were equal to everything.
Jonathan Drury had a header cleared off the line at the other end but it did not matter as Chishill progressed to the next round.
Chishill: R Drury; Gardiner, Saward, Bennett, Bramwell; Jackson, E Drury, Hodge, J Drury; Radford, Edey. Subs: Porter, Williams.